UPDATE: Kojima Has Officially Left Konami - Working With Sony on PS4 Exclusive

kojima.jpg

UPDATE:

Tokyo, December 16, 2015 - Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that it has signed an agreement with Kojima Productions, a newly formed studio by the acclaimed game designer Hideo Kojima, to develop its first software title as a console exclusive to the PlayStation(R)4 (PS4(TM)) computer entertainment system.

"PlayStation(R)'s history is one of game innovation and great new franchises," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "Hideo Kojima has been a huge part of that history, and we are therefore delighted that he has chosen to bring his brand new project to life in partnership with PlayStation. We look forward to working with him on an exciting new game and warmly welcome him to the PlayStation family."

"I will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years," said Hideo Kojima, Game Designer, Kojima Productions. "I cannot wait to deliver, with PlayStation, a game that will become a compelling franchise."

SCE will continue to expand the world of PS4 to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.

ss1nhbntxokytntjc7hj.jpg

###

The day is upon us friends. After the evils Konami has exacted on our dear Hideo Kojima, the man has finally arisen towards his new destiny.

Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima has officially left Konami as of Dec. 15, according to a report from Japan's Nikkei.

According to Nikkei, Kojima is establishing a new studio and is in talks with PlayStation maker Sony Computer Entertainment.

In October, The New Yorker reported that Kojima was leaving Konami and that his non-compete clause would end in December. Konami refuted the report, saying that Kojima was still an employee.

:arrow: SOURCE

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did Konami did that got this whole "fuck them" trend going? I live under a rock.
A multitude of things
Banning kojima from awards
shitty work environments for employees done purposely
abandoning games for pachinko machines
I can go on but it would be too much to type all the things they've fucked up, Konami is dead to me anything with there name on it I won't even touch.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can go on but it would be too much to type all the things they've fucked up, Konami is dead to me anything with there name on it I won't even touch.

Even Super Castlevania IV?

Darn, he is joining sony, Nintendo could have used him, well good for him either way.
Do not start blow up konami yet, it still has my favorite card game/anime series.

Yu-Gi-Oh?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, he is joining sony, Nintendo could have used him, well good for him either way.
Do not start blow up konami yet, it still has my favorite card game/anime series.
Nope sold all my cards as well they deserve nothing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Even Super Castlevania IV?

Yu-Gi-Oh?
Not touching it

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I really truly want some deranged maniac to snap and target Konami HQ.

You rang?

But seriously, Konami has been doing literally everything wrong lately. Even MGS5 didn't truly escape its evil, what with the way chapter 2 is just a few side missions and then it suddenly ends out of nowhere in the most egregious and instantly obvious case of cut content I've ever seen. Everything was going so well but the game basically ends once you've fought Sahelanthropus, after that it just kinda potters around doing nothing of significance until it stops.

Konami has been a total sack of wank for a long time now. It butchered the Castlevania series into obscurity, killed Silent Hills despite it being the most promosing game concept I've seen in years, someone in the upper ranks has an obsession with pachinko machines that borders dangerously close to fetishistic, and they have zero regard for their legacy or customers, or even their own employees or their own image. Barring Kojima from accepting his own award? Treating employees like slaves? Fuck Konami, in every conceivable way. The gaming world is well rid of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end