Update Highslide image viewer

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by BlueSteel, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

Update Highslide image viewer by BlueSteel at 4:02 PM (1,051 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. BlueSteel
    OP

Newcomer BlueSteel Member

Sweden
    Images on GBAtemp.net that use the Highslide script to "pop out" to get displayed in full size (like the packshots for the game releases) just disappear when you click them using Google Chrome and AdBlock.

This is a known issue between the "beforeload" trigger used by AdBlock and earlier versions of highslide. The current version 4.1.9 of Highslide incorporates a fix for this. I would appreciate if the highslide.js file that is used on GBAtemp.net could be upgraded to a newer version.

Thread highlighting the issue and fix:
    http://www.highslide.com/forum/viewtopic.p...p;sk=t&sd=a

Download page for highslide:
    http://highslide.com/download.php

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    If this will fix the issue it'd be greatly appreciated. However, I don't think AdBlock is the issue, because I disabled it and it still happened.

3. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    bump!

Any chance that this could be done. It is really annoying, and it would be nice if it could be fixed.

@SifJar: Really? disabling adblock fixes the problem for me.

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Huh, it seems to be working fine now (with AdBlock Plus for Chrome (Beta) enabled).

EDIT: And...its stopped again [​IMG]

EDIT: When COMPLETELY disabled, it works. When only disabled for GBATemp, it doesn't. I'm guessing I need to add an exception for highslide.com or something...

EDIT: Anyone able to make it work with AdBlock enabled for other sites apart from GBATemp?

Huh...it works in the Releases forums fine with AdBlock enabled. But on other parts of GBATemp, it does not.

5. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I have the same issue, so id really appreciate a fix [​IMG].