GldRush98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @EZ-Flash2,
Could we have a build with the latest release of Goomba in it?
I was going to link the thread here but it's not letting me since I'm a new account. See "goomba-color-update-2019-05-04" in the Nintendo GBA Discussions forum on this forum.
There was a critical save bug fixed in the newest Goomba build. It'd be nice to have that in ezkernel.
Thanks, and hope to see a build soon :)

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm. busying on some thing.. not done yet.

Anything in the works yet? Just got my EZ Flash Omega and the first two GB games I tried have issues with part of the screen being cut off at certain parts (Boxxle main menu, Final Fantasy Legend II intro scroll). I imagine this has been fixed since 2014.

SquallDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi. Still waiting for update
I simply cant save properly with all versions of my gameboy advance, sp, micro when playing gb and gbc games.. Im always getting WRITE ERROR MEMORY FULL, DELETE SOME SAVES.. both save state and regular save doesn't work. Im playing Links Awakening.

veikkos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can find a link to unofficial EZ FLASH Omega kernel (with Goomba 2019-05-04) from Goomba's forum. Google for "dwedit forum board", open the forum, look for "GBA Stuff" section and from there "Goomba Color 2019-05-04" thread. Link to the kernel is there at the end of the thread. Kernel name is "k1.06_fw7-veikkos1" and it's source code and binary release are in GitHub.

Can't post link because of rules...

Reactions: stap

stap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You can find a link to unofficial EZ FLASH Omega kernel (with Goomba 2019-05-04) from Goomba's forum. Google for "dwedit forum board", open the forum, look for "GBA Stuff" section and from there "Goomba Color 2019-05-04" thread. Link to the kernel is there at the end of the thread. Kernel name is "k1.06_fw7-veikkos1" and it's source code and binary release are in GitHub.

Can't post link because of rules...
Wow, thank you very much!
Looks like Goomba Color emulator developer Dwedit really solved the 32K save issue in Goomba Color (used in Pokemon Gold for instance). And looks like this updated custom kernel you mention that includes updated Goomba Color DOES solve the save issue that persisted in official 1.06_fw7 kernel. At least for me. Did reset the game multiple times with no issues.

Gotta update after some testing though, that internal saving itself in Pokemon Gold doesn't trigger saving to filesystem. After internal saving it is necessary to either savestate using Goomba Color menu (L+R) or exit the emulator with the same menu using "exit".

Last edited by stap,
Reactions: veikkos

GldRush98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah sweet, thank you. Been wanting this fixed. Glad to see someone took up the cause since EZ Flash abandoned it.
Going to make another post so I can post the link...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I need 1 more post apparently :hateit:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Perhaps now?
https://github.com/veikkos/omega-kernel/releases/tag/k1.06_fw7-veikkos1

Reactions: veikkos and stap

veikkos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Gotta update after some testing though, that internal saving itself in Pokemon Gold doesn't trigger saving to filesystem. After internal saving it is necessary to either savestate using Goomba Color menu (L+R) or exit the emulator with the same menu using "exit".
Yea, seems do. None of the patches affect SD-card background writing behavior so I guess it's in the Goomba implementation itself, or then in the FW. Need to test if that's how it worked with previous Goomba.

Good thing is that because there is no background saving you don't accidentally corrupt your saves because you happened to turn off while SD card was being written. Save seems to work fine if exiting the game with L+R immediately after in-game saving or just opening the menu and waiting a while.

Reactions: stap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed