Hacking UPDATE: Giveaway vindication thread, aka henrytemp weren't sh!ttin' ya.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Judging from the number of views it got, if you frequent this little supercard branch of gbatemp then chances are you visited this thread, wherein newb member 'henrytemp' offered to give away his two supercard DSTwo's, as well as one 8gb Sandisk Ultra microSDHC Class 10 / UHS-1 card, to two lucky members. Some were too skeptical to simply accept, however yours truly and Rizsparky showed a little faith and said what the hell. I'm sure anyone who was there when this went down, as well as anyone who has read that thread since, has wondered if it was all real, or some scam.

Well, the result (for me, can't speak for Rizsparky) arrived today:

YuVyIbi.jpg

Exactly as he said.

EfkjpUz.jpg

From everything I could see, it was all brand new. No insertion scuffs, anywhere front or back.
iQZH9qb.jpg

GnApzec.jpg

So, for the record, henrytemp was 100% for real with his offer, and I am very appreciative of his generosity. I still have no idea what motivated him to do this, rather than simply selling them or even just giving them to a friend. But I'm very grateful and quite pleased to have been in the right place at the right time.

The DSTwo has now been updated on my old DSphat, and is running fine on my DSi and 3DS.

D

Deleted User

I wasn't expecting a fake, but I just didn't need a second DSTwo ^^

gratz

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I wasn't too sceptical to accept, i did what he asked replying in the topic expecting him to confirm and move to PM's, although i did express a little concern about the randomness of a new poster giving things away. I also thought it'd be fairer to do a lucky dip giveaway than a first come first served (and given i had the first reply in the topic it wasn't totally self-motivated).

Congrat's though on getting free stuff...

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also saw the thread happen, but much later (i.e. when it was both announced that it was on a first come, first served basis and that both Supercards were claimed) due to timezones. I would have liked a spare DSTwo in case the first one broke while I was developing, but that's moot now. However I was skeptical until I saw the picture proof. :)

Semi-relatedly, it's nice to see such a high-resolution photo of a DSTwo. Your macro skills are quite good, Hanafuda.

Reactions: Rydian

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
And now he has your name and address :)

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Semi-relatedly, it's nice to see such a high-resolution photo of a DSTwo. Your macro skills are quite good, Hanafuda.

Thanks. I'd like to take credit, but it's the camera, not me. And it wasn't even set for macro taking those shots ... I believe it could go much closer.

And now he has your name and address :)
Yeah, well, so does anyone who wants to open the phone book. And they would have my phone number as well. :unsure: :unsure: :P If he was out to do harm, he probably wouldn't have bothered sending me about $50 worth of cool stuff first.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What malicious stuff can someone do with your address? It was not a credit card # or social security #. I give my real name and address to people in the trading forum, and I haven't had any problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: