Johnny Dunlop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a N3DS XL with firmware 9.0 and just purchased a gateway3DS a long with a save dongle and oot.

I understand how to activate the gateway menu using the save and everything but my question is, if I want to update the firmware for my actual gateway3DS card, would the process be as follows?

1. Place files on microSD, insert microSD into blue card
2. Launch the blue card from regular 3DS menu and let the card update

OR

1. Place files on microSD, insert microSD into blue card
2. Activate the gateway menu using save hack
3. Launch blue card from gateway menu and let it update

Basically, I just want to ensure the gateway i bought is running on the latest firmware.

Thanks in advance,
Johnny

Johnny Dunlop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay. So the red card will be updated using the launcher.dat when I activate the save hack.

Is there no purpose in updating the blue card?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Okay. So the red card will be updated using the launcher.dat when I activate the save hack.

yes, it will be updated when you do the exploit :)
you don't need the blue card unless you are on 4.5, it is used for the ds profile exploit, if you are using the save exploit (oot3d), just forget about it :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

The blue card won't even work on 9.0. It's basically useless at this point anyway (unless you want to play DS games) since it's no longer needed to install the exploit like it once was. There's Flashcart Time Warp to enable it to work on newer firmware, no idea if that will work on n3DS though.

Johnny Dunlop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The blue card won't even work on 9.0. It's basically useless at this point anyway (unless you want to play DS games) since it's no longer needed to install the exploit like it once was. There's Flashcart Time Warp to enable it to work on newer firmware, no idea if that will work on n3DS though.

I would like the ability to run DS games if at all possible on 9.0. If possible, would I utilize the red card or blue? If blue, what steps would I follow to update card as per original post.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo