1. GhostLatte

GhostLatte GBAtemp's Official Van Master™

United States
    I tried calling Melvin Capital cucks in WSB and Reddit removed my post

2. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No disagreements there. Wall street has always been an insider club and they thought nobody would notice on their reckless and irresponsible trading. As it turns out, an entire generation of scorned outsider millennials took notice and realized they could do something about it.

Frustrating to see the SEC and many of these trading platforms backing wall street too by trade halts and other manipulative tactics. Can't let the little man win.

3. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    This is actually hilarious

4. neotank19

neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You explained it beatifully, thanks so much.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  5. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    They have 6 days from Friday to cover outstanding shorts, from what I understand. This means we haven't seen anything yet, barring some cataclysmic event. I already hear calls for bail-outs, which means they're pretty scared of the possible ramifications. I suspect there will be some drastic changes in the system following this event.

6. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    Yup, rich people hate losing money, expressly to poor people.

7. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Still worth buying in today y/n?

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Nobody here is a financial advisor, nothing posted on GBAtemp should be misconstrued as financial advice or "tips". Nobody will take responsibility for any financial decisions anybody else makes. You can do your own due diligence, look at the numbers and make an independent decision. All investment carries risk, keep that in mind before making any rash moves. If you're looking for financial advice, this isn't the site for that, I'm afraid.

Lumstar, Scott_pilgrim, NNate and 5 others like this.
  9. Subtle Demise

United States
    Idk, it's dropped a few percent overnight, but that could change when the market opens again. I put about $35 worth in fractional shares, if it drops any more today I'm just gonna cut my losses.

Plasmaster09 and hippy dave like this.
  10. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Wise words, of course. Still up for any number of unqualified opinions tho :rofl2:

e:
    143506697_4955792511162003_7078889743358301566_o.jpg

Last edited by hippy dave, Jan 28, 2021 - Reason: teh lols
  11. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    It's sitting at $450 pre-market and peaked a little over $500 according to NASDAQ. It only dropped slightly because the market was closed, it's back up and then some. Whether that's an indicator of a new rally or not remains to be seen - you'll read about it here if it is.

12. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The Lone Wanderer

United States
    To the moon!!

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  13. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy #JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
    Global Moderator

United States
    Unqualified (extremely) opinion, there's a lot of potential on the table here, but also a LOT of risk. If you want to get in and haven't yet, the best time is a few days ago, and the second best is any time that's not more expensive than it already is; there may be a dip on Friday but there also might not be. IMO be prepared to lose anything you put in, and be pleasantly surprised if you come out ahead, but know what your acceptable levels of risk are, what you can afford to lose (on the bottom end), and roughly where you'd want to get out on the top end.

Typical warning that this is not financial advice, I'm only slightly more intelligent an ape with a cell phone, I just like the stock, you're a fool if you think anyone here is qualified enough to know what they're doing, etc etc.

14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Boo those places seeking to put a halt on trading, or that have put a halt on trading. I will certainly remember that the next time you bleat about the free market in this or something else, or what I would say is justifiably laugh as someone small loses their investment because they are an idiot or because they assumed the market reflected reality and you say "them's the risks".

Here's hoping we get some blood sports as the various funds out there playing in this compete to make sure they are not the ones holding the bag (collectively they might exceed public shares or whatever but individually might be able to dodge it).

I am going to wonder there on that one. It is a reasonably easy field to get into and there are plenty here that otherwise represent all sorts of interesting professions, including accountants.

Granted there is likely the "I am a lawyer but I am not your lawyer" thing going on for that one; assuming you are not one of the "we like the stock" crowd buying it for its aesthetic appeal or to be part of a movement then said advisor would probably want to look at your portfolio and expected returns to see whether taking a punt with this much as a gamble could pay off, especially at this late in the day and vs doing the same in AMC, nokia, blackberry and other such things that are also potential candidates for some having some fun.

To be fair little guy/collective activist investors is not exactly a new thing
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpellmanrowland/2019/04/07/fairr/?sh=30441f0a48a5 with the thing in question going back to 2015.
    https://raisevegan.com/peta-buys-slaughterhouse-stocks-to-push-for-transition-to-vegan-meat/

15. GhostLatte

United States
    I can’t even purchase more shares on Robinhood

Scott_pilgrim and CallmeBerto like this.
  16. Subtle Demise

United States
    The market doesn't open until 9:30 EST. Or do you mean just not today?

17. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    no like robinhood has actually disabled buying (but not selling) shares on amc and gamestop stocks, in a transparent attempt to trick people into selling early
    they're trying every horribly scummy trick in the book so that the rich can remain rich and the poor remain poor

18. Subtle Demise

United States
    Even pending orders? That would suck for me if so

19. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    idk but I wouldn't be surprised
    thankfully the WSB mob has decided to respond to this in the best way possible: sending a jillion complaints of every kind in an attempt to get some form of overseeing entity on RH's ass

20. GhostLatte

United States
    This is literally communism rip free market

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GameStops, UPDATE, closes