Update Games from Emunand on eshop? Is this dangerous

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YharnamBadass, Jan 20, 2016.

1. YharnamBadass
    OP

YharnamBadass GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    I'm using reinand 3.1 on latest update, i'm able to enter eshop, I got a LBX little battlers experience cia, I went to the eshop, it said to update so I did it and put it on "download later", but there was no update icon on the main screen, instead the cia is flashing and it's downloading. Is it downloading the update or what?. Is this dangerous?

2. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
    If it's downloading the game update it should be fine, just wait to see what happend. Hopefully you have a emunand backup just in case

3. YharnamBadass
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    i just cancelled it, because it looked like it was downloading the whole game!. The blocks matched, so I think that's what was happening, is that dangerous, can I get banned?. I haven't gotten ban right now. And I just found out all the dlc on this game is downloaded through the actual game, so I think I was downloading, is this dangerous??. I'm kinda scared.

4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    You can download anything you want from the eShop in Emunand without any problems that includes game updates. Its no different than being in Sysnand you can even buy stuff if you want using your NNID.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I have updated all of my cia games without hassle. I've even download DLC to them without hassle. Both from the eShop and when the game prompt for an update
    I am using an old3DS, emuNAND 10.4 (tested on 10.3 though) and everything works with RXtools and Cake

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Jan 20, 2016
  6. YharnamBadass
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    You guys don't get me, the problem was that I was downloading the game, BUT NEVER BOUGHT IT. I had it on a cia. there's no update for the game and I didn't know. It showed me "go to update screen" but instead of downloading the update, my cia began flashing, and downloading!. I was downloading the game, and there was no update icon on the main screen. I stopped it at 2%. So that's why I'm scared nintendo notices this and bans me.

Cia is working well, and I still access on the eshop.

What are the odds of nintendo finding out and banning me?

Last edited by YharnamBadass, Jan 20, 2016
  7. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Then did you by any chance purchase the game or DLC in the game and not understand what you read?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

OK here is what happened you either
    Bought the game by accident
    Your attempting to re download it from the eShop or repair it (it will fail at 99% no worries)

Check your account activity

Last edited by Xenon Hacks, Jan 20, 2016
  8. YharnamBadass
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    No, I have no credits on my eshop, lbx is a cia. It has no update for the dlc (I thought You where supposed to get the dlc from update), You download it on the game itself, But somehow the eshop showed me "go to update screen" thing on the lbx's eshop section. I thought it was a dlc update, so I downloaded it put it on later, but once I got to my main screen, an update icon didn't pop up, and the cia itself began flashing, I compared the blocks of the actual game, and the "so called update on the eshop" they were the same! which means I was downloading the game!. How can this happen?. i never bought it.

Then again, I checked Terraria on the eshop, it does say downloaded and I only have it on cia. So this eases my worries a bit.

You guys think I can get banned?

9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    No

YharnamBadass likes this.
  10. YharnamBadass
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    Oh well, that makes me feel better, thanks guys, I'm still a noob on custom firmware stuff, So I get startled easily, and thanks Xenon Hacks, it's the second time you've helped me, This beginner here really appreciates it.

11. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    eShop only games have the updates built into them, so when you "update" an eShop exclusive game is actually downloading the whole thing again with the update built into it.

This is a big hassle for CFW users, since you didn't actually buy the game you can't update it from the eShop like most cias, it will download the whole thing and fail at %99 (when it checkes the ticket and it doesn't match).

You have to uninstall the cia, download another cia that has the update already and isntall that one in place.

Last edited by Tony_93, Jan 20, 2016
  12. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Not bought (Downloaded) cia's you can't update through the eShop, you need to download the update cia on some site.
    like @Tony_93 says, if it's an eShop exlusive game, there are no updates you can download, you have to redownload the whole game (if bought) if you didn't bought it, you have to wait and find the new cia version that includes the update from some site.

In short:
    - Illegal installed cia games -> find illegal update cia on some site
    - illegal installed 3DSWare eShop games -> find illegal cia on some site that includes the latest update
    - Bought eShop games and legit cia games -> Updates through eShop
    - Bought 3DSWare -> Update through eShop (it will redownload the whole game again)

Last edited by DjoeN, Jan 20, 2016
  13. YharnamBadass
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    Oh I didn't know that about eshop only games, It's nice to know so I don't screw it up again, I didn't know because this would be my first eshop only game cia. As Long as I'm not getting a ban I'm happy, I don't need the update because I'm enjoying this game a lot anyways!.

14. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Is just a DRM check that will fail and the install will stop, no ban or major problem is caused because of it, I probably tried to update a couple of eShop only games like a hundred times before I noticed this (when this was a new thing on the 3DS). :yay:

And as time went by, most people realized that is the causing issue.

15. Bubbysaur

Bubbysaur u cnt hindle mai sweg

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    What if let's say I downloaded a Smash bros CIA and patched it with a free DLC patch then went on the eshop to have it updated to the latest update. Would I be banned then? I think that is what happened to me.

16. YharnamBadass
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    Where you using a Sky3ds or gateway?

17. Bubbysaur

Bubbysaur u cnt hindle mai sweg

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    Neither, I was using custom firmware. Reinand.

18. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
    You can't get banned for downloading dlc on a cia game i don't think

19. Treeko

Treeko GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2012
    Noob question how to access eShop in emunand 10.4 rxtools CFW.

20. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Click on the eShop app?