Hacking Update from firmware 1.75 to 1.76?

remix2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS4 on firmware version 1.75.
Any reason to stay on 1.75?
Do the exploits that work on 1.76 work on 1.75?

remix2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply guys.
I'll hang tight then.
Looks like I can update to 1.76 from one of the game discs I have so I'll keep that handy if I need to update.

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Purchase/borrow/rent a disc copy of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

According to the PS4 Dev Wiki, it's shipped with the 1.76 update.

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know the last of us (or gta 5) has an 1.76 update. Apparently with a browser in it because I seem to be able to use my browser with out updating with no problem.

Were you signed into the PSN before updating? Generally, the browser is usable on lower firmwares providing you've signed into PSN on the current firmware before updating to 1.76.

The problem me and so many others have is we purchased our 1.76 firmware PS4's after that update was obsolete and to use the browser requires to be signed into the PSN.

I use a DNS that forces the PS4 to load the PS4 playground in the "User Manual" browser in the system settings.

handy333

Trophies
Website
projectrisingsun.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Were you signed into the PSN before updating? Generally, the browser is usable on lower firmwares providing you've signed into PSN on the current firmware before updating to 1.76.

The problem me and so many others have is we purchased our 1.76 firmware PS4's after that update was obsolete and to use the browser requires to be signed into the PSN.

I use a DNS that forces the PS4 to load the PS4 playground in the "User Manual" browser in the system settings.

Yeah, that may have been the case. I always thought it was a glitch that I could use the browser because when I go to it there is always a message that pops up that says that I have to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended