Hacking update from 11.0.0-33 to 11.6

AxelGear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have buy a N3DS yesterday with firmware 11.0.0-33 and I've done the cfw installation with the help of 3ds.guide, with no issues in the process. All homebrew works, and the only retail game that dont run is the new Metroid, just hangs in 3ds logo. Maybe because the low firm version.

Question is, its safe (or even necessary) to update from this version straight to 11.6? The other 2 consoles I've modded come with 11.3 (both O3DS).

Thanks in advance.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have buy a N3DS yesterday with firmware 11.0.0-33 and I've done the cfw installation with the help of 3ds.guide, with no issues in the process. All homebrew works, and the only retail game that dont run is the new Metroid, just hangs in 3ds logo. Maybe because the low firm version.

Question is, its safe (or even necessary) to update from this version straight to 11.6? The other 2 consoles I've modded come with 11.3 (both O3DS).

Thanks in advance.
Yes it's fine to update your console with CFW. Also Metroid requires 11.4 I believe to run, so yeah you kind of have to update. There is absolutely no reason to stay on outdated firmware once Boot9Strap is installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu