Update for Wii Shop Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by taggart6, Dec 20, 2010.

1. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Howdy all,

I'm currently running a NTSC Wii on 4.0u and I want to access the shop channel to downlaod the latest Netflix channel update. I do not want to update my wii system menu, but wanted to know what IOS files I need to install to access the SHop channel. Or is there a .dol Netflix file I can install?

2. fattest

fattest GBAtemp Fan

Aug 8, 2009
    United States
    use nus downloader to get ios56 and shop channel v20, pack as wad, install wads using your favorite wad manager.

3. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    THanks for the help! Are there any known issues with running the latest neflix on a non 4.3 system?

4. yo bootyhole

yo bootyhole Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2010
    United States
    No.

5. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    For got to ask...which base IOSs do I use to install ios 56 and the shop wad channel?

6. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    SO installe3d the shop channel and the latest copt of IOS 56using IOs 222.

I can access the the shop channel, but when I try to download the Netflix channel I get error error code 203046 that my transaction can not continue.

Any ideas?

7. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    SO I was able to doneload and install to the SD card but It won't install directly to the wii. I heard that it might be from left over channel settings not properly cleared when removed via deleting from teh system menu.

So I reinstalled a newflix wad file that wouldn;t work for me (always kicked me back to the wii channel) and then uninstalled using WAD Manager 1.7. However, I get the same error message from the shop channel.

ideas?