[UPDATE] First images for the Mad Box standalone console released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Jan 4, 2019.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i predict this thing wont even be released, it will stay on limbo and then cancelled, i mean what is their track record producing hardware? nothing and games? well they released like 5 or 6 racing games and that is all...

Xzi likes this.
  2. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    WTF is that neon nightmare?
    it looks like a cheap PC case you would buy at 5 below

Xzi likes this.
  3. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    Homebrew guys /s

4. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    That is a very valid point... I also don't have much faith in them.

On the NFS which was the most known game was under EA so I don't think they won much...

I also don't think they won that much gazillions of $ with Project Cars, when it was announced it got me crazy, but then mehh I just played online for a bit and did time trials all the time as I didn't like the career.

But if the console really comes out the way they are picturing it, it will probably still be a beast, but exclusives..........

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    if you read their interviews they say they aren't making exclusives or paying any studio to make exclusives for them lol, so yeah if they make project cars 4(in 3 years i guess since 3 is next year) they will still release them on ps5 and xbox whatever so yeah the incentive to even get this "console" keeps diminishing.

Last edited by pedro702, Jan 7, 2019
  6. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    See. Look at design 4. Consoles can look different without looking completely mad.

wormdood likes this.
  7. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Wow these look like pure and unfiltered bullshit.
    I thought Alienware devices looked stupid, but these designs top everything.

Where are you going to place this device? In your livingroom?

guily6669 likes this.
  8. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    i dont know why everyone is hating this based on what it wont be (or the specs it wont have) . . . nintendo proved time and time again that amazing hardware is not needed if they can achieve/secure a few good ip's they would be golden . . . also while on the topic of nintendo they may be leaving the console market by the time the next generation comes by ... i can totally see them trusting a tiny no-name software companies underpowered console before even considering releasing a mario and/or a pokemon game on a sony and/or a microsoft console

9. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    update: it doesn't matter what they make it look like it's going to be shit regardless :P

10. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I'm not going to lie: that black&white cube-ish design looks kind of cool. And I mean in the sense of cool, not in the sense of "compared to the original design".

Still...despite the looks potentially not sucking, my estimation of this becoming a success diminishes (and I was skeptical earlier). Again: for me as a user, the design is the least important part of a computer or a console. And for the manufacturer, this should properly cater for placement of parts and the airflow-thingy that makes sure the thing doesn't overheat. Just the "oh, sure we can toss around the design as we see fit" message either means that they're not communicating with their manufacturing team or that they haven't even started yet. And both options are bad news...

11. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 (Secretly a Yo-Kai)

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    Hide in it like a true madlad.

12. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    1st design? Nah fam
    2nd and 3rd? Yes

13. link64uk

link64uk Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    I do like the look of the 4th design as its a bit more of a conventional shape shall we say.
    the weird cowboy hat one is a no go for me like a few people said, where can you put it, certainly not under the T.V on a unit like most people do.

14. MiiJack

MiiJack GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2016
    Madagascar
    At this point, they might as well make the design look like the PC you see in Portal.

15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Every concept they post brings me less and and less hope

16. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Corp's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    not going to lie design number 4 is not bad

17. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I still think this is vaporware, but at least the white dented GameCube design looks quite better.

Memoir likes this.
  18. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    Much better. Number 4 (?) looks like a failed router attempt, honestly... Or a "gaming edition" cable box..

Last edited by Memoir, Jan 8, 2019
  19. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Corp's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    I like 4 since that touchpad thingy looks cool. Also the custom stuff sounds good, but yeah smells like vaporware

20. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Global Moderator
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Yeah, all the designs look like trash. The cheap DVS player design is the most serviceable, I like the LCD on it, it reminds me of the Scorpio devkit. The cube is a straight rip-off of the HP Omen X and it's a waste of space while the first design is just a PC tower with wings. I hate to bring this up, but I regret calling the Xbox One a VCR back in the day, that design is the most fit for the purpose.