1. Boostnek9

Boostnek9 Member
    Newcomer

Belize
    That's the ugliest piece of hardware I've seen in a while.

Xzi, Bosca, EmperorX and 1 other person like this.
  2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

Antarctica
    Yuck, RGB.

Ryccardo and DayVeeBoi like this.
  3. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I am not sure what your point is, or what relevance it has to my comment so I find it hard to respond. Sorry.

4. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

Burkina Faso
    Any built in roms?

Ryccardo likes this.
  5. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Meh, consoles nowadays are just a specific PC build running a slightly customized x86 OS.
    I lost interest in console completely after the PS3 era . . .

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Why? So we can have another piece of crap Soulja Boy Chinese console with preinstalled ROMs that run at 40 Hz?

7. snails1221

snails1221 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That made me chuckle out loud a bit. This is probably just going to be another Steam Machine type deal.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Oh yes, because we don't have enough of those already :rolleyes: This is truly anathema.

9. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    The console can't be more than $500. Also, if they really wanted to, can make their own exclusives.

10. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    This'll be the next big craze, just like the Steam boxes.

Instant success.

...oh wait

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  11. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    I mean, it's not a necessity to respond, but my point was basically that the Skull Canyon NUC looks a lot more appealing than the Mad Box, and even that will be extremely niche. If a person was looking for the ease-of-use of a console, then Switch = PS4 >>> XB1 > Linux prebuilts in that category. NUCs seem a lot more appealing to the enthusiast and power user crowd, but I don't see them having much success targeting your standard consumer market.

12. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Canada
    Quite the ugly looking PC you've got there.

13. Axmand

Axmand Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Hard to say, in the modern console market you need "strong legs" to walk in because right now the 3rd Parties got a lot of precaution when they develop exclusivities, even when they do for multiples consoles.

So if this guy dont have the minimum support in less of a year: BYE BYE...

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    the console is 3 years away lol by the time it releases its specs will be crap lol.

Noctosphere likes this.
  15. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Na man they using pc parts from the future... Why not just get the winning lotto numbers is beyond me.
    Lets see them make the box run ps4,xbox and pc games. that would be something.

16. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N knows nothing

Antarctica
    Ah, then it's probably just me, as both myself and many guys I know have mainly transitioned to PC, I had assumed that console manufacturers had given up on marketing performance increases and more on experiences. Come to think of it, both the Xbox One X, as well as the start of the 8th generation were littered with claims of large improvements in performance. It seems these days, consoles are more about convenience than raw power anyways.

17. Bla1ze

Bla1ze Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yeah, this is never coming out lol.

18. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    already have a pc don't need this piece of shit

this monstrosity is gonna do 4k/60? bs the 1-x can't even do REAL 4k without TRICKS :creep:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  19. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    I still don't think that it will be just a PC... They will probably do similar to Sony\M$ talking with AMD to make some custom SOC 4 them probably something with Ryzen cores (with some features cut) and a GPU more powerful than any included in any SOC that AMD actually sells for PC makers.

Because if it was just a PC then Steam would have been a console maker too with their shitty console like PC's which were expensive and not much upgradeable in the fact that you actually need space in a PC case if you want to keep using the same case 4 everything coming out...

From the way they are talking they seem to be actually meaning to make an actual pure gaming console to compete with M$\Sony\Nintendo... And then you have the other fact that they want to give similar hardware to a very fast PC 2 years from now at around the same price as the other Next Gen consoles, this tells right away hardware will be fully custom and not just throwing 1000$ or more worth of actual pure PC parts to sell for like 500$?...

ps: The more the better and just the fact they want to support most VR headsets and at high FPS is a + and if they put no online subscriptions screw all the others 4 me... I hate is its stupid design, but maybe for the shitty size of that huge box could it have liquid cooling??? (I just hate the shitty gaming trends of nowadays RGB leds, screw all that garbage).

20. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    lol people said the same thing about atari box, they said a new console and so on, in the end its just an pc really lol, nothing custom at all.

Making custom stuff costs millions, this wont have millions of budget to waste on a console without any reveal if it will even have its own set of games or if it will just play pc games once again.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  21. Lemon_

Lemon_ GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Xbox 720 looks sick.

22. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    Yeah well execpt a very fast PC 2 years from now will cost 1000$+... So I'm sure they will have something similar to current Xone\PS4 a full AMD SOC in a motherboard made with just the needed stuff and the rest cut...

They actually told when they buy a lot of it becomes cheaper... So I'm still thinking it will be a SOC based on Ryzen CPU cores with some kind of next gen AMD GPU inside.

If they are wanting to stay ahead of Next Gen consoles at around the same price I don't expect them to just throw a Intel I9 9900K it and put a RTX2080ti in it 4 sure... Even a ~500$ PC now can't do much in terms of gaming, PS5 and next Xbox will push the boundaries once again for console hardware and the only way to do it is with full custom hardware based on PC hardware with features cut to lower costs.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - standalone, [UPDATE], released