Hacking Question Update Firmware Used By SXOS ?

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am trying to play Animal Crossing using the latest SXOS 3.0.4 but when i try to launch the XCI file it says the game requires a firmware update. I cant seem to find any option in the SXOS settings or Tinfoil or anywhere that will let me get the latest firmware to run in the emunand.

Can someone explain to me what i have to do please ?

Thank you

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your Switch console is up to date? I don't think that has anything to do with SXOS and has more to do with your current switch firmware. I only know because im still on 8.2 and can't play a ton of current games (gives the same error).

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to download the switch firmware online, and then use ChoidujourNX to update your emunand. (Make sure to use the "exfat" option)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: slaphappygamer

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you sure your Switch console is up to date? I don't think that has anything to do with SXOS and has more to do with your current switch firmware. I only know because im still on 8.2 and can't play a ton of current games (gives the same error).

I thought you couldn't update the firmware on the official nand because you will lose CFW usage ?

You have to download the switch firmware online, and then use ChoidujourNX to update your emunand. (Make sure to use the "exfat" option)

I just read about this one, but it comes with loads of warnings , is it safe to do this ?

Thank you both for the replies

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loads of Warnings? If you're talking about the "exfat" portion, if you have an SDcard that's bigger than 32gb, then you're gonna need it. Unless you specifically formatted your Sdcard to be fat32 then your card will not work unless you select "exfat". SXOS can also use an external hard drive, and if you don't use exfat, that won't work either.

MaxiBus

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Fat32 is the recommendation everywhere written, i think chances to destroy the partition table on exfat formatted cards are higher than on fat32 formatted ones. Thats all.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you couldn't update the firmware on the official nand because you will lose CFW usage ?

I just read about this one, but it comes with loads of warnings , is it safe to do this ?

fat32 is safer..... please don't use exfat, that's why things corrupt

Reactions: ChronoTrig

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@gjac1
The clue is in the message, FIRMWARE update - means switch firmware NOT sxos version.
The 1.5 update will ask for 10.2, firmware but this can be patched out using NSC Builder.
I am running ACNH 1.5 .0 on sxos 3.0.4 with 10.1 emunand from Fat32 format SD card.

Last edited by fatherjack,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The other warning must be about using autorcm. In choidujourNX, the default option is to enable autorcm. I’ve always turned that option off. I’ve never used autorcm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao