Hacking Update firmware of 3ds with Gateway

elrosso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought I read something about updating my 3DS from 2.2.0-0E to 4.X with Gateway. Am I wrong about this or is it possible atm?

Thank you for the answers.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I thought I read something about updating my 3DS from 2.2.0-0E to 4.X with Gateway. Am I wrong about this or is it possible atm?

Thank you for the answers.
no, you will need to buy a game that has 4.x built in, you can have a look on here
http://3ds.essh.co and search for games in that range i.e 4.0-4.5, just type them into the search box and look for a cheap game that comes with that FW update for your region

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
what i mean , downgrade like ps3 , even if you have a lower firmware , the gw downgrade option will patch the nand so instead of downgrading , it will install the system update for 4.5 e directrly without needing to update manually

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because he needs to update, not downgrade, the firmware. And I believe gateway's downgrader doesn't go below 4.x (because then it wouldn't support the red card any more).
But he wants to upgrade to 4.x. If the launcher will work on 2.2 then he can just use the downgrader and a 4.5 firmware file. It's called a downgrader but in reality it just flashes firmware period I bet.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Do NOT ever attempt to update your 3DS using a rom on Gateway. I have bricked my 3DS trying to update to 8.1 with a Smash Bros. Rom. It's best you not attempt this either. Unless you meant the downgrade feature Gateway introduced. That only works to downgrade newer firmwares to 4.3/4.5 (exact version appears to depend on what region downgrade pack you are using). You can't use that to "upgrade" from 2.x to 4.x.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he wants to upgrade to 4.x. If the launcher will work on 2.2 then he can just use the downgrader and a 4.5 firmware file. It's called a downgrader but in reality it just flashes firmware period I bet.

I assumed that the launcher wouldn't work on 2.2, implying why he would need to update. I've never had a console below 4.1 so I don't know. Gateway says to upgrade to 4.x to be able to do anything, so that's what I'm going by.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assumed that the launcher wouldn't work on 2.2, implying why he would need to update. I've never had a console below 4.1 so I don't know. Gateway says to upgrade to 4.x to be able to do anything, so that's what I'm going by.

Maybe someday we will have the ability to update to specific firmwares. I think the Wii could so something like that.

elrosso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hmmmm it still confuses me.
So I could try to upgrade my firmware with the downgrade option?
I have not tried anything yet. Just received my Gateway and now the first step is to get my 3DS to 4.X or higher.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm it still confuses me.
So I could try to upgrade my firmware with the downgrade option?
I have not tried anything yet. Just received my Gateway and now the first step is to get my 3DS to 4.X or higher.
Do what qamesquest told you to do. Get a cheap old 3DS game and update. He knows what he is talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr