Hacking Update emunand to something below 9.6?

itpun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

Im gonna help my friend set up his O3ds XL with emunand but his NAND versions pretty low (6.0 i think?). After formatting emmunand, its gonna obviously copy over the 6.0 to his SD card, so i was wondering if theres a way to update it below 9.6 since we cant do it through system update yet.

I heard some 3ds games have firmware updates on them (STEAM has 9.4), is it possible to update the emunand that way? And if so, whats the process of doing that if I have a .3ds of it in my GW to ensure it doesnt fuck up?

Thanks for the help!!

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Im gonna help my friend set up his O3ds XL with emunand but his NAND versions pretty low (6.0 i think?). After formatting emmunand, its gonna obviously copy over the 6.0 to his SD card, so i was wondering if theres a way to update it below 9.6 since we cant do it through system update yet.

I heard some 3ds games have firmware updates on them (STEAM has 9.4), is it possible to update the emunand that way? And if so, whats the process of doing that if I have a .3ds of it in my GW to ensure it doesnt fuck up?

Thanks for the help!!

Be certain that you have formatted emunand, then enter emunand while holding DPAD UP. Select the rom containing the update and when apply the update when prompted.

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
By "formatted emunand", do you mean to boot into emuNAND, go to settings, and format? Or just to make sure there is an emuNAND partition set up on the SD?

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just did this 10 minutes ago.

1) Download 3DNUS - https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/ and launch it.
2) For title ID, input "9.5.0-23", for version, it's either "USA", "EUR" or "JPN" depending on your region.
3) Make sure "pack as cia" is selected and press "Download".
4) After everything is finished there should be a folder called "9.5.0-23". Copy that folder to your SD card.
5) Boot to emuNAND, then start BigBlueMenu from the gateway multi-rom menu or just launch it from the home menu if you already have it. Then go to the "9.5.0-23" folder.
6) Select any .cia file and press L+R+A to import all cia files in that folder.
7) Reboot.
8) Check your emuNAND system settings for the version.
9) Yay.

With this method you can't screw up and you don't need any game. Plus you'll be on 9.5.
Note: Do NOT attempt this on the New 3DS, it won't work because it will download the wrong files and will corrupt your emuNAND. You can still download the New 3DS titles seperately, but I'm not quite sure which titles you need right now. 3DNUS will probably get updated with N3DS support later.

//edit: seems 3DNUS supports New3DS now.

itpun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

2) For title ID, input "9.5.0-23", for version, it's either "USA" or "EUR" depending on your region.
4) After everything is finished there should be a folder called "9.5.0-23". Copy that folder to your SD card.
5) Boot to emuNAND, then start BigBlueMenu from the gateway multi-rom menu or just launch it from the home menu if you already have it. Then go to the "9.5.0-23" folder.
7) Reboot.
9) Yay.

With this method you can't screw up and you don't need any game. Plus you'll be on 9.5.
Note: Do NOT attempt this on the New 3DS, it won't work and will corrupt your emuNAND.

Hey this seems like a pretty sweet way of doing it! Do I need to boot into Emunand using the DPAD UP method?

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2) For title ID, input "9.5.0-23", for version, it's either "USA" or "EUR" depending on your region.
7) Reboot.
9) Yay.

Note: Do NOT attempt this on the New 3DS, it won't work and will corrupt your emuNAND.

It doesn't work on N3DS because it downloads the 3DS cias instead of N3DS that way. The only way (That I know of) to download the N3DS cias for that update are to find the title numbers and do it all one by one.

Reactions: Liberty

Kay|s7eR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just used this to update my emuNAND from 9.2.0-20E to 9.5.0-23/EUR.
After I left BigBlueMenu and checked system settings, it showed 9.5.0-23E.
But since then, booting Gateway mode gives me a black screen before going back to sysNAND.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used this to update my emuNAND from 9.2.0-20E to 9.5.0-23/EUR.
After I left BigBlueMenu and checked system settings, it showed 9.5.0-23E.
But since then, booting Gateway mode gives me a black screen before going back to sysNAND.

Do you have the O3DS OR N3DS?

MythicalMew

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

2) For title ID, input "9.5.0-23", for version, it's either "USA", "EUR" or "JPN" depending on your region.
7) Reboot.
9) Yay.

Note: Do NOT attempt this on the New 3DS, it won't work because it will download the wrong files and will corrupt your emuNAND. You can still download the New 3DS titles seperately, but I'm not quite sure which titles you need right now. 3DNUS will probably get updated with N3DS support later.

Do i need a gateway for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn