UPDATE: E3 2020 has officially been canceled

e3_2020_thumb800.png

The Coronavirus has possibly claimed another victim, in terms of public events. According to multiple different insider sources, this year's E3 has been canceled, of course, due to the outbreak of COVID-19. As is the case with previous E3's, they take place yearly in Los Angeles, one of the United States' largest cities, which is currently in a state of emergency due to the virus. Rumors were further fueled by developer Devolver Digital stating on Twitter for people to "cancel your E3 flights and hotels, y'all". Should an official cancellation of E3 happen in the coming hours or days, this would mean companies would need to adjust their scheduled announcements, or take things digital, much like Nintendo already does. At this time, E3 2020 is still set for June 9-11, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

UPDATE: In an email made to press attending the event, the ESA formally announced the cancellation of this year's E3.

WASHINGTON – MARCH 11, 2020 – After careful consultation with our member companies regarding the health and safety of everyone in our industry – our fans, our employees, our exhibitors and our longtime E3 partners – we have made the difficult decision to cancel E3 2020, scheduled for June 9-11 in Los Angeles.

Following increased and overwhelming concerns about the COVID-19 virus, we felt this was the best way to proceed during such an unprecedented global situation. We are very disappointed that we are unable to hold this event for our fans and supporters. But we know it’s the right decision based on the information we have today.

Our team will be reaching out directly to exhibitors and attendees with information about providing full refunds.

We are also exploring options with our members to coordinate an online experience to showcase industry announcements and news in June 2020. Updates will be shared on E3expo.com.

We thank everyone who shared their views on reimagining E3 this year. We look forward to bringing you E3 2021 as a reimagined event that brings fans, media and the industry together in a showcase that celebrates the global video game industry.

For vendors and companies that purchased booth space for the event, the ESA will be refunding those who request it. As for the event itself, industry leaders are in talks of trying to organize a possible digital showing in place of E3, though nothing is confirmed just yet. Next year's E3 is still scheduled to take place, in June of 2021.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bullshit overated flu if you think you cant handle the virus stay home bunch of hype corona and its cousins will be back next year and so on
Overrated flu lmao
No one has a cure for this dude, this has literally killed people. Stop getting pissy over a shitty event getting canceled. Make a cure yourself if you think it's an "overrated flu"

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
sounds comfy

but at least your country is handling it well

i was amazed that it hit Italy harder than Japan given population density in Tokyo
and how badly they fucked up handling the Diamond Princess
i figured japan would be the worst hit
you are lucky you are not in the US they are fucking this up royally ,

It could be handled better here, but it certainly could be handled worse.

The main worry about Japan is that there is a very high percentage of old people. The thing to avoid here is pushing hospital occupancy past what they can handle. That'd be a huge disaster if it were to happen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Buy you change undies? I don't think that wearing the same thing for two weeks is comfortable.

I have more than one set of pajamas too, believe it or not. And a laundry machine. You'd be surprised at the luxuries I have! I've even got a long metal bar outside where I can hang up my clothes to dry! I'm living the good life!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old people/immunocompromised people are the ones who are really at risk at getting sick. Most people won't be adversely affected, but people should be washing their hands even if there's not an epidemic. Don't be gross, people, wash your damn hands.

Reactions: DSoryu

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old people/immunocompromised people are the ones who are really at risk at getting sick. Most people won't be adversely affected, but people should be washing their hands even if there's not an epidemic. Don't be gross, people, wash your damn hands.
but all an infected person has to do is breathe within 15 feet of you and you are infected
and the virus hangs in the air for over half an hour so if an infected person breathes and you walk within 15 feet of where they were within a half hour period then you are infected
if it were as simple as washing your hands it would not have spread to 70 countries within a week and established sustained local transmission
bioweapons are kept in BSL-4 labs for a reason , people in those facilities are made to wear positive pressure suits for a reason

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: DSoryu

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but all an infected person has to do it breathe within 15 feet of you and you are infected
and the virus hangs in the air for over half an hour so if an infected person breathes and you walk within 15 feet of where they were within half hour period you are infected
of it were as simple as washing your hands it would not have spread to 70 countries within a week and established sustained local transmission
bioweapons are kept in BSL-4 labs for reason , people in those facilities are made to wear positive pressure suits for a reason
... so how come the entire world isn't affected yet?
if it's that effective it would've spread much faster. even 70 countries a week seems slow.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... so how come the entire world isn't affected yet?
if it's that effective it would've spread much faster. even 70 countries a week seems slow.
i don't know just reporting what i have been hearing for over a month now
don't forget that PCR testing is very complicated and very expensive and less than 0.001% are even being tested
plus the long incubation period

2:36

Last edited by weatMod,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yaaaay! E3 is dyyyying! :hrth::toot:

Hip hip hooray! Down with the horrendous number of bullshit unrepresentative trailers! Down with the propping up of obsolete traditional media, since they tend to be more political than newsy these days! Down with convention illnesses and abominable queue times! Down with focusing on "influencers" than actual customers! :grog:

:gun:E3

Finally found a use for the gun smily...

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Yes yes, let us close all events due to a borderline flu virus, that kills less people than the common fucking flu.

Say hello to a media, fear-mongered virus that wants to steal your money and ruin your day; nevermind the whole getting sick part. Even that is unlikely if you use common-sense and your brain.

tiamat999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ebola was mostly Africa and well africa usally isn't relevant for western media or how often do you see them covering the state of corona in Africa? As for Sars in one German docu about corona it kinda hinted at that Sars wasn't that much covered by the media or feared in Général was due the lack of social media back then resulting in a much slower spread of information and even less between normal people. Also the world wasn't as globalized when Sars went around then now so it spread much slower between countries

And we had a nice president with those viruses.not a loud mouth asshole like now

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yaaaay! E3 is dyyyying! :hrth::toot:

Hip hip hooray! Down with the horrendous number of bullshit unrepresentative trailers! Down with the propping up of obsolete traditional media, since they tend to be more political than newsy these days! Down with convention illnesses and abominable queue times! Down with focusing on "influencers" than actual customers! :grog:

:gun:E3

Finally found a use for the gun smily...
Because all these stuff is going away, if E3 disappears.

FateWolf2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a huge bummer but I’m glad they are doing it. I hope we still get to some things that were planned in one way or another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1