Hacking Update a New 3DS and transfer legit CIAs

FeierabendTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a New 3DS Xl with a Nand Mod, is it possible to update to 9.9 and transfer all legit CIAs to a old 3DS on sysnand 9.9, and then restore a Nand backup?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Let me explain again :) :

Legit CIA's are not so legit after all :)
- Yes it's true, if you install legit cia's in sysnand, then make an emunand and link a nnid, you can delete the game and redownload it in emunand
- No you can't transffer your legit cia, cause when you do a transffer, Nintendo doesn't actually transffer the complete games, it just checks what you have on your sd and compares it with the info on there servers and your linked nnid and serial of the console cause it has to modify all files (resigning them with your new consoles serial) so your saves and legit bought games dlc themes do work fine on your new 3ds console and not anymore on your old one. Somewhere in this process it finds out that your legit cia's are not so legit at all and they will not show up on your new 3ds after the transffer (and sd swap) and you can't redownload them in the eshop.

- Why i know, not sure it's a theory, but i know cause when all bundled games where dumped as cia i tested various combinations and options on a few hardmodded 3ds systems (hardmodded so i could restore the nand in case something did go wrong) i tested,
- sysnand 9.2, updated to latest sysnand by then all was perfect, i could play, wipe and redownload the legit cia's, then i system transffered to another 3ds on latest fw by that time, legit cia's where gone
- sysnand 9.2, updated to latest sysnand by then to emunand on latest fw by then -> gone
- sysnand 4.5, updated to latest sysnand by then to latest sysnand -> gone
- sysnand 4.5, updated to latest sysnand by then to emunand on latest fw by then -> gone
- latest updated emunand to 3ds on latest sysnand -> gone
- latest updated emunand to 3ds on latest emunand -> gone
- systemtransffer with nnid -> gone
- systemtransffer without nnid -> gone
- systemtransffer with linked nnid (sysnand/emunand) -> gone
- systemtransffer with not linked nnid (sysnand/emunand) -> gone
- systemtransffer with only 1 legit cia installed -> gone
- systemtransffer with 16 legit cia's (EU) -> gone
- O3DS to N3DS
- O3DS to 2DS
- 2DS to O3DS
- 2DS to N3DS
- N3DS to N3DS (You can't system transffer from N3DS to O3DS

Think you get the point, i tested all possible combinations even borrowed 6 3DS systems from other ppl to shorten the tests (you have to wait 7 weeks between every system transffer on a 3ds system)
It's not possible to system transffer legit cia's

[EDIT]
Like pointed out below by @XxKILLx3RxX
I did also wiped 1 installed legit cia and redownloaded it, wiped all legit cia's redownloaded them all, it still does not transffer.

Last edited by DjoeN,

XxKILLx3RxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to install the CIA. Verify that it is re-downloadable in the eShop. Then delete the CIA off of the system. Re-download the game from the eShop. Then try to system transfer? It doesn't seem like you've tried this combination but I could be wrong.

Let me explain again :) :

Legit CIA's are not so legit after all :)
- Yes it's true, if you install legit cia's in sysnand, then make an emunand and link a nnid, you can delete the game and redownload it in emunand
- No you can't transffer your legit cia, cause when you do a transffer, Nintendo doesn't actually transffer the complete games, it just checks what you have on your sd and compares it with the info on there servers and your linked nnid and serial of the console cause it has to modify all files (resigning them with your new consoles serial) so your saves and legit bought games dlc themes do work fine on your new 3ds console and not anymore on your old one. Somewhere in this process it finds out that your legit cia's are not so legit at all and they will not show up on your new 3ds after the transffer (and sd swap) and you can't redownload them in the eshop.

- Why i know, not sure it's a theory, but i know cause when all bundled games where dumped as cia i tested various combinations and options on a few hardmodded 3ds systems (hardmodded so i could restore the nand in case something did go wrong) i tested,
- sysnand 9.2, updated to latest sysnand by then all was perfect, i could play, wipe and redownload the legit cia's, then i system transffered to another 3ds on latest fw by that time, legit cia's where gone
- sysnand 9.2, updated to latest sysnand by then to emunand on latest fw by then -> gone
- sysnand 4.5, updated to latest sysnand by then to latest sysnand -> gone
- sysnand 4.5, updated to latest sysnand by then to emunand on latest fw by then -> gone
- latest updated emunand to 3ds on latest sysnand -> gone
- latest updated emunand to 3ds on latest emunand -> gone
- systemtransffer with nnid -> gone
- systemtransffer without nnid -> gone
- systemtransffer with linked nnid (sysnand/emunand) -> gone
- systemtransffer with not linked nnid (sysnand/emunand) -> gone
- systemtransffer with only 1 legit cia installed -> gone
- systemtransffer with 16 legit cia's (EU) -> gone
- O3DS to N3DS
- O3DS to 2DS
- 2DS to O3DS
- 2DS to N3DS
- N3DS to N3DS (You can't system transffer from N3DS to O3DS

Think you get the point, i tested all possible combinations even borrowed 6 3DS systems from other ppl to shorten the tests (you have to wait 7 weeks between every system transffer on a 3ds system)
It's not possible to system transffer legit cia's

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Have you tried to install the CIA. Verify that it is re-downloadable in the eShop. Then delete the CIA off of the system. Re-download the game from the eShop. Then try to system transfer? It doesn't seem like you've tried this combination but I could be wrong.
Yupz, done that to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs