Update 4.0 to 4.1 questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Covarr, Aug 28, 2009.

Aug 28, 2009

Update 4.0 to 4.1 questions by Covarr at 5:52 PM (1,050 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Covarr
    OP

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    With my preordered copy of MP:T being delivered today, I'm considering updating to system menu 4.1. The thing is, I don't want to lose my homebrew, GC backup launcher, cioscorp, USB backup loader, etc. Is there any way I can update the system menu without having to reinstall these? If not, what is the cleanest way to update and get them back? I found a tutorial that involves downgrading to 3.2 first, is that avoidable?

I am unsure of what versions of CIOS and cioscorp I have. Does it matter? How do I check?

I have the latest versions of GC Backup Launcher, Preloader, HBC, and Configurable USB Loader (though I will be launching MPT from disc, unless something is released to load it from HDD while keeping the main menu and 480p intact).

I have Beta 2 of Bootmii.

Is this setup workable? Sorry if there's any important details I forgot, but I tried to be as thorough as I could. Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You don't need to upgrade, the IOS's are the same.

3. Covarr
    OP

United States
    Okay, thanks for the fast reply! [​IMG]

In which case, I'll just block the update through preloader.

4. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You can install the 4.1 system menu wad for your region, then reinstall preloader 0.29 and find the hacks for 4.1. Done.

5. Covarr
    OP

United States
    I will not need to reinstall CIOS or cioscorp or anything? If all I need to reinstall is preloader, then I may update anyway.

6. illinialex24

United States
    Just install the wad and then use Startpatch to block the update, quick and easy.

7. piratesmack

Member piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As far as I can tell, there's no reason to upgrade to 4.1 unless you have Wii Sports resort. (It fixes a bug where you have to watch the motion+ tutorial after you launch a wiiware title)

But it doesn't really block anything either, so it's up to you.

8. Covarr
    OP

United States
    I partly wanted to update because Nintendo claims that they improved system menu performance. Also, though I don't have it yet, I will get Wii Sports Resort eventually, I like being prepared.

Well, I updated using waninkoko's 4.1 updater, then reinstalled preloader and told it to skip updates. I don't know if cioscorp still works, but I frankly don't care anymore now that I've got cfg usb loader. The only games that I plan on loading from disc now are Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Brawl (I can't get the balanced brawl ocarina version to work right from USB loader, and I don't want to lose custom stages, so I'll continue using Gecko).

Anyway, thanks for the help, illinialex24 and KiiWii. If this board had rep, I'd totally +rep you [​IMG]

9. illinialex24

United States
    If you want to uninstall cIOScorp, PM me and I can help you know exactly what to do. I recommend WUFe on Trilogy and install all those IOS's.
    And thanks.

10. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Edit: coolz. cioscorp will still work Woth my method as it doesn't touch any ios.