[UPDATE] 3D animated 'Sonic The Hedgehog' series coming to Netflix

IMG_20210201_182340.jpg

Neflix has officially announced that a new 3D animated series starring Sonic The Hedgehog is coming to the streaming platform. The news come from an official tweet, with an image that suggests the name of this series being Sonic Prime. It also mentions that SEGA, WildBrain Studio and Man of Action Entertainment (Ben10) will be involved in the production.

While the tweet does not reveal much more details, it does give the series a launch window for 2022.

[UPDATE]

Additional details about the series was revealed by WildBrain Studio. According to the latter, Sonic Prime will consist of 24 episodes that "draws upon the keystones of the brand and features the “Blue Blur” of video game fame in a high-octane adventure where the fate of a strange new multiverse rests in his gloved hands". They also added that "Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption".

It was also announced that WildBrain's Vancouver studio will animate the series, while SEGA and WildBrain will jointly participate across production, distribution and licensing. Man of Action Entertainment's role for Sonic Prime will be as showrunners and Executive Producers.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: UPDATE SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What a great time for the official Sonic voice actor to leave the role.

I'm hopeful for this one. I never watched the Sonic Boom show, but from what I've heard from other's it's not so bad. Specifically, it's a far cry from the games of the same name. I'm hoping Prime's more similar to Sonic X, SatAM, or even Adventures.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That logo is so edgy and busted up looking, and the name - oh gosh.

How many times can one franchise let you down? There has to be a limit, right? Come on karma help us out.

edit: the logo looks like a jewel cd case that was stepped on. Who do they pay to make this stuff?

Last edited by x65943,

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found Sonic X to be worse, as most episodes were filler with self insert Chris and you only had like six to seven minutes of Sonic.
and the animation was so bad. It was like watching a slideshow - not dynamic at all. It was the cheapest animation of almost any show I have seen.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh Great...another change for disappointment

Does anyone else feel like Amazon rejected this series.. and Netflix just bought it cheap... but production logos were already done ..so they kept it

Last edited by djpannda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all