omedeto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone.

I've got this old Wii on 3.3E with some cIOS (Don't remember which) and a few USB loaders installed. What I want to do is update everything on the console (firmware, cIOS, loaders) but I have no idea where to start from - partially afraid of a brick. Is updating to 4.3 (if that's the latest) safe, and, will I be able to install some kind of functioning loader?

Thank you,
-Omedeto

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use ModMii, choose Wizard mode, say ur wii is virgin and get SM 4.1. just follow guide step by step and ull be rdy
wink.gif

FYI: 4.2 and 4.3 just removed hacks,,, thats reason 4.1 is the best option

omedeto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer; I followed the guide and now my Wii is on 4.1E! Just another quick one, though. My disc channel gives me a "Wii System Update" image when I load in a disc (I haven't clicked it). What's this about?

omedeto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I followed all the steps correctly, but then again this happened. The game I have in is Super Smash Brothers Brawl, which worked just fine on 3.3, so I doubt it really needs to be updated. Keep in mind that I *DIDN'T* click on the channel, this is just what flashes on it.

Given all that, what am I supposed to do now?

Thanks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii Guide said:
X) INSTALL PRIILOADER

Launch Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the Homebrew Channel

Note: IOS236 should be loaded automatically.
If it isn't, select "Load another IOS" and select IOS236
(or any IOS you know is patched).

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "App Manager",
Then select the "Priiloader installer".
After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it using the loaded IOS.

Priiloader may give the following two 'yellow' errors. These are expected and are not an issue.
loader.ini couldn't delete error -106
password.txt couldn't delete error -106

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the wii,
then powering it back and holding reset while it's booting until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader

omedeto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that appears to have fixed the problem! (I ought to be more careful next time)

Thank you very much for your help!
Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free