Hacking Update 2DS sysNAND to 9.2 with 3DNUS' CIA files in Classic Mode?

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,

the sysNAND of my 2DS is on 8.1, I accidentally updated my emuNAND to 9.6 and bricked it, so I had to reformat it, luckily I still haven't formatted my sysNAND so I still have my Nintendo ID linked with the 2DS.

Then I updated the emuNAND to 9.5 with BigBlueMenu and the CIA files I downloaded with 3DNUS, worked perfectly.

Now I thought about updating my sysNAND with the same method to 9.2, would this be possible within Gateways Classic Mode?
Remember I can't use the NTR CFW since this is a 2DS so I can't use the update method which was mentioned in here.

Edit: BTW is there any way I can get Pokebank again? Like downloading it with 3DNUS? I can't find any CIA on the net, because I can't access the eShop until Gateway supports 9.6.

I thought about using rxTools to download it from the eShop and dump it, but the cdn_firm.exe doesn't seem to download the firmware.bin so I can't use rxTools...

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
/push

Edit: I just installed the newest Pokemon X Update and wanted to start Pokemon but it said it has to complete the download but when I do this I get the error that the system needs to be updated... F**K!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
/push

Edit: I just installed the newest Pokemon X Update and wanted to start Pokemon but it said it has to complete the download but when I do this I get the error that the system needs to be updated... F**K!
If you manage to get rxMode to work, you can backup the emuNAND before updating to 9.6, then install the update, and restore the backup, and the update should still be working.

Hey guys,

the sysNAND of my 2DS is on 8.1, I accidentally updated my emuNAND to 9.6 and bricked it, so I had to reformat it, luckily I still haven't formatted my sysNAND so I still have my Nintendo ID linked with the 2DS.

Then I updated the emuNAND to 9.5 with BigBlueMenu and the CIA files I downloaded with 3DNUS, worked perfectly.

Now I thought about updating my sysNAND with the same method to 9.2, would this be possible within Gateways Classic Mode?
Remember I can't use the NTR CFW since this is a 2DS so I can't use the update method which was mentioned in here.

Edit: BTW is there any way I can get Pokebank again? Like downloading it with 3DNUS? I can't find any CIA on the net, because I can't access the eShop until Gateway supports 9.6.

I thought about using rxTools to download it from the eShop and dump it, but the cdn_firm.exe doesn't seem to download the firmware.bin so I can't use rxTools...
I had the same problem downloading the firmware.bin. Maybe someone else knows where to find it and could point you in the right direction.

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you manage to get rxMode to work, you can backup the emuNAND before updating to 9.6, then install the update, and restore the backup, and the update should still be working.

Depends on where the update gets installed to, if it gets installed to the 9.6 rxTools emuNAND it will be overwritten when I restore the backup, but if it gets installed to the SDcard it could work.
But yeah that's the way I wanted to try, but since I can't download the firmware.bin there is no way to try it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Depends on where the update gets installed to, if it gets installed to the 9.6 rxTools emuNAND it will be overwritten when I restore the backup, but if it gets installed to the SDcard it could work.
But yeah that's the way I wanted to try, but since I can't download the firmware.bin there is no way to try it.
It's installed to the SD card.
Check your PM, by the way.

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just yesterday I got all the updates installed with rxMode and emuNAND 9.7 and today GW 3.2 came out.. dammit :D

Reactions: Maq47

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM