[UPDATE 2] Calling all Tempers: Help Chary and Family!

Capture.JPG

Today we have setup a GoFundMe page for our beloved reporter @Chary.

Krista and her family have lost their entire home and all worldly possessions in the floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Please help us to help them by donating on the following page, any amount will help!

:arrow:Donate on GoFundMe
:arrow:Donate via Paypal to [email protected] and we'll match it on GoFundMe

:arrow:Houston Red Cross

[-UPDATE 2-]
Chary and her family have now received the cash from the fundraiser in full. Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped out!

[-UPDATE-]

After 2 weeks 82 donations have helped to raise £2022 (roughly $2670) to help Chary and her family to rebuild their lives.

A massive thanks to all of the following tempers who donated, and those of you who wished to remain anonymous:

@CreeperdivoHomebrewer
@BlackWizzard17
@Montgomery Von Goochums
@Becky McAndrew
[USER=31]@shaunj66

@thomas Hugh
@DinohScene
@Yudowat
@Disse
@Foxi4
@linuxares
@Bubsy Bobcat
@Depravo
@bjaxx87
@Mário Liberato
@RayD97 Dean
@eric Cobb
@Shadowfied
@sandra Hughes
@Majin Cubyan
[USER=290925]@frogboy

@nEx Y
@exangel
@Rebekah Davenport
@XxShalevElimelechxX
@mohammed Al Rashedi
@SuzieJoe Bob
@andre Trek
@lilaznkilla
@Aneki S
@Bu2d85
@Munchlax Brunchlax
[USER=30028]@Julio
Lizardo
@Eris
@Catsinabucket
@sarkwalvein
@drazenm
@xfxmrl
@Lia
@GamerzHell9137
@x65943
@Elrinth
@BowlOfSpiders
@jerbear64
@cearp
@VinsCool
@Minox
@Roify
@Apathetic_Discord
@Deathwing Zero
@Dennis L
@GearCross
@Joshua F
@draxoon
@Issac
@B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
@Yu Lu
@Gallito
@misterion
@8BitWonder
@deakphreak
@Armadillo
@matpower
@H.F.H Peeters
@Taleweaver
@p1ngpong
@anon nano
@Alephas Enum
@DarkFlare69
@Todderbert
@HaloEliteLegend
@nastydsi
@ian Mc
[USER=317601]@mbcrazed

@elias Jackson
@6 x anonymous

Also a massive thanks to everyone who has streamed to help this fund.

You are what makes GBAtemp such an amazing community to be a part of!

Now, as for GoFundMe, they have still not released the funds to Chary, despite saying they would, over 10 days ago. The excuse is their engineers need time to convert the raised amount to dollars, and their payment processing team are trying their best to get it done. To me this sounds absurd, but here we are, 14 days since the fund started, waiting for the cash to be paid out in this emergency situation.[/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER]

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Holy Shit!

I would donate but I'm broke right now.

Question. Who comes up with hurricane names? I think we should have equality in names.

Include more ethnic groups in naming. Im waiting for a Hurricane DeShawn or Hurricane DeAndre to strike.
Wheres the Middle Eastern Hurricanes? Hurricane Abd al Rashid I'm still waiting for you.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. Who comes up with hurricane names? I think we should have equality in names.

Include more ethnic groups in naming. Im waiting for a Hurricane DeShawn or Hurricane DeAndre to strike.
Wheres the Middle Eastern Hurricanes? Hurricane Abd al Rashid I'm still waiting for you.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

Reactions: medoli900 and Cyan

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been okay! Just mostly being exasperated at trying to find a new place to live. Even upping the budget to $1,500 a month, and I haven't been able to even find a 2 bedroom condo to live. Still waiting on FEMA to come and inspect the ruined house in hopes of getting help through them.

Reactions: Aneki

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've been okay! Just mostly being exasperated at trying to find a new place to live. Even upping the budget to $1,500 a month, and I haven't been able to even find a 2 bedroom condo to live. Still waiting on FEMA to come and inspect the ruined house in hopes of getting help through them.
Are you aiming to stay in the state or is going out of state an option? Chances aren't going to be good in your current location since everyone is most likely looking for a new place as well at this moment.
If there is one thing I can say about flood damage, it's a bitch and half to deal with.

Reactions: Aneki

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
As if this month didn't do enough, my aunt died yesterday night. It's just...I don't even know what to say or think. But I went and took an Uber to my house, because in my desperation, I wanted to see if a blanket she made for me as a baby was okay.

Well, that was a dumb thing to do.
IMG_4186.JPG

The landowner already had people out tossing everything from my house. Even if things weren't trash before, they are now...

I couldn't find the blanket in that mess, and I really didn't have the stomach to look very hard. That's my entire life's personal belongings condensed into my front yard.

There's a rose in my backyard, one that's lived through hurricane ike, through all the storms and punishments that 15 years of living there has brought to that poor plant. Even though the flood waters were taller than it, it's still alive. Though I'm moreso thinking that I wanted to uproot it and take it with me, it also feels like an appropriate metaphor for life...to keep standing strong through every storm life throws at you.

Mentally, I'm okay. It's just...difficult.

Are you aiming to stay in the state or is going out of state an option? Chances aren't going to be good in your current location since everyone is most likely looking for a new place as well at this moment.
If there is one thing I can say about flood damage, it's a bitch and half to deal with.
I have to stay in Texas, as my mother couldn't find a comparable job in Oregon or California sadly. I'm hoping FEMA extends my hotel stay so I can have more opportunities to find a place to live. While a lot of people are looking for places to live, there's a lot of people looking to just...leave Texas entirely. I'm hopeful despite the low chances of finding anywhere good.

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
As if this month didn't do enough, my aunt died yesterday night. It's just...I don't even know what to say or think. But I went and took an Uber to my house, because in my desperation, I wanted to see if a blanket she made for me as a baby was okay.

Well, that was a dumb thing to do.
View attachment 98145

The landowner already had people out tossing everything from my house. Even if things weren't trash before, they are now...

I couldn't find the blanket in that mess, and I really didn't have the stomach to look very hard. That's my entire life's personal belongings condensed into my front yard.

There's a rose in my backyard, one that's lived through hurricane ike, through all the storms and punishments that 15 years of living there has brought to that poor plant. Even though the flood waters were taller than it, it's still alive. Though I'm moreso thinking that I wanted to uproot it and take it with me, it also feels like an appropriate metaphor for life...to keep standing strong through every storm life throws at you.

Mentally, I'm okay. It's just...difficult.

I have to stay in Texas, as my mother couldn't find a comparable job in Oregon or California sadly. I'm hoping FEMA extends my hotel stay so I can have more opportunities to find a place to live. While a lot of people are looking for places to live, there's a lot of people looking to just...leave Texas entirely. I'm hopeful despite the low chances of finding anywhere good.
Man, or should I say woman? This keeps getting worse and worse each day.

Reactions: Chary

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Holy Shit!

I would donate but I'm broke right now.

Equality?
Who the FUCK dares to assume their sexuality?
That's the real question here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: eyB eyB n iH iH