Upcoming VR RPG game 'Ruinsmagus' gets new gameplay trailer

ruinsmagus.jpg

Developer CharacterBank and publisher Mastiff provided a closer look at the upcoming VR RPG game Ruinsmagus today during the Meta Quest Gaming Showcase event where they aired a brand-new trailer. The latter highlights some of the action and narrative elements of the game:

This beautiful, anime-inspired JRPG world is brought to life through immersive VR mechanics and perfectly-tuned controls on Meta Quest. An engrossing narrative, heartwarming musical score, challenging dungeons, and acclaimed Japanese voice actors make RUINSMAGUS the breakthrough VR title of 2022!

Key features of Ruinsmagus include:
  • Explore and fight: Cast and blink your way through a stunning VR fantasy world.
  • Make your mark: More than 25 story-driven quests to challenge your skills.
  • Feel the power: Unleash 14 types of magic from the palm of your hand.
  • Defend yourself: Raise your shield with your non-casting hand to block enemy attacks.
  • Jack in: Immersive VR mechanics that bring your character to life.
Ruinsmagus will launch sometime this summer on the Meta Quest and Steam VR platforms.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the graphics has been toned down to work on Quest hardware. Pretty unfortunately to see a promising game go down that path due to it resulting in VR games that look flat and lifeless.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I saw the Steam VR part too, so I dunno why people are butthurt about meta. The graphics do look too basic, but on Steam, I don't guess it'll be long before people make hi-res (and nude) mods for it... as long as the game is actually good...

I quite enjoyed playing Skyrim in VR with mods, so the potential is there... PLUS, there's no other way for truly authentic-looking VirtualBoy emulation. If you're not one to get motion sickness, VR really has matured enough to be worth it. Can't wait for the new PSVR to hit the PS5.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many people who simply think that it is related to Facebook and gives them chills.
Well, it IS related to Facebook, and requires an account (although there are certain ways around that), but that's neither here nor there, since it'll be on SteamVR anyway. Since I have both Virtual Desktop AND Air link is a thing now, I buy my games exclusively on Steam (or at least an openVR or something that can be installed via sidequest) when available...

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah maybe.. Not too hyped actually it's been a while since I turned my oculus quest 2 on & I must have over 100 games on my pc... The new Ghostbusters VR game looks decent... Been looking forward to seeing what GTA San Andreas will be like & if it will have Online.....

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
meta ? no thanks too :(
I'll try zenith the last city one day. it looks more interesting.
Zenith is an MMORPG
If you’re in to that style, I can confirm it’s a great game, but of course you’d really want to do it with friends if possible

Looks like the graphics has been toned down to work on Quest hardware. Pretty unfortunately to see a promising game go down that path due to it resulting in VR games that look flat and lifeless.
Quest 2 is running on a mobile chipset, getting that instead of PCVR is basically getting a switch instead of a PS5 as far as hardware goes

Looks like it'll release on SteamVR too.
It’s out on steam. Released on all major platforms back in January.

There are many people who simply think that it is related to Facebook and gives them chills.
I mean Meta was literally a renaming of facebook’s reality labs branch. Nothing changed, just the name

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zenith is an MMORPG
If you’re in to that style, I can confirm it’s a great game, but of course you’d really want to do it with friends if possible

Quest 2 is running on a mobile chipset, getting that instead of PCVR is basically getting a switch instead of a PS5 as far as hardware goes

It’s out on steam. Released on all major platforms back in January.

I mean Meta was literally a renaming of facebook’s reality labs branch. Nothing changed, just the name
I was talking about Ruinsmagus not Zenith.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Zenith is an MMORPG
yes, I know zenith is MMO, while Ruinsmagus is solo.
I prefer solo games as I don't have friends to play with, but I'm curious to test anything to know about it. Too bad I don't go too far when trying MMO who requires teams...

If I can, I'll also test ruinsmagus to make my own opinion, but I don't have facebook (don't plan to), and I also don't have Steam (yeah, don't plan either). maybe gog without DRM.
I'm more console oriented, if it's released on PSVR(2) I'll try :)

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it looks really good, RPG is one of the genres I really wanted to see more of in VR, Zenith: The Last City was one that interested me because it was basically my childhood dream, a VR MMORPG and even has crossplay between PS4/PS5 ( PSVR ), Quest/Quest 2 ( Meta/Oculus ) and PC ( SteamVR ) but it still needs more polishing.

It's just a shame they won't release it for PSVR.

Well, to be fair, VR is still very niche and still very expensive in many parts of the world (here in Brazil an Oculus Quest 2 is much more expensive than a Nintendo Switch, for example).

Making a graphically demanding game that few people would be able to run well on PC (and that even fewer people would have VR on PC) doesn't seem like the right decision in terms of marketing, especially considering that the Oculus Quest 2 is the most popular VR today precisely. because it's cheap and affordable, perhaps second only to Sony's Playstation VR. (which here in Brazil is still a great option even more for being less than half the price of the Oculus Quest 2 here)

If Sony can make PSVR 2 as popular as the original PSVR and be accessible and user-friendly, we could see more VR games with console graphics. (PSVR had Resident Evil 7, so why not?), but until then, I still think the safest decision is to focus on Oculus Quest 2, at least it guarantees you'll reach a larger player base.

Last edited by Moon164,

legaiaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't people make anything original anymore?! All they did was blatently copy the aesthetic design of the dungeons from Breath of the Wild!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou