Hacking Unsynced controllers on softmodded Black Wii

b5fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 Wiis, a older White Wii and a new Black Wii (no GC ports). I successfully softmodded both and have priiloader installed to automatically load WiiFlow. Both Wiis work perfectly. The problem I have is that I did the White one first. So after I did the Black one I resynced the controller back to my white one. Now I can't sync my controller to the Black Wii. So the Black Wii automatically loads to WiiFlow, but since I don't have a synced controller I have do anything. I can get to priiloader using the reset button on boot, but I can't do anything either without a controller. Other solutions I found says to use a GC controller, but the Black Wii doesn't have GC ports.

The steps I used for the SoftMod are:
1 - Letterbomb to install HBC and BootMii (I have a NAND backup if that helps)
2 - cIOS installed to allow USB loaders
3 - WiiFlow as the usb loader
4 - Priiloader to automatically go to WiiFlow on boot

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats why NEVER in priiloader have it boot directly to a channel or app, you lose the ability to re-sync at the health screen!
Hopefully someone here knows a solution.......

b5fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that now. But I thought the whole point of Priiloader was to boot to an app. Otherwise I don't see a need for that type of program.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
While in wiiflow, press the reset button. It should boot into the system menu. I'm not sure if it works that way on all versions of wiiflow, but it does at least on the version I have.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug in priiloader or some type of a failsafe because of things like this, but when I power on my wii and then power it off by holding the power button, and then power on my wii again priiloader will skip the autolaunch app and go straight to the SM.

b5fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice. I tried hitting the reset from WiiFlow, but it didn't work. Just kept looping back to WiiFlow. The power trick didn't work for me either. Maybe I'm hitting the buttons wrong or something but it just kept looping back to WiiFlow. I did mange to get this fixed. Based on your advice I just tried different combinations of buttons while in WiiFlow and Priiloader. Nothing worked in WiiFlow, but I found that holding down the reset from Priiloader did the trick. Just hitting reset did not, but holding down reset until it finished booting bypassed Priiloader and got me to the Health screen where I was able to resync my controller. I was freaked out there for a while.

Note: I think it was holding down reset that did it. Like I said, I was hitting button combinations like crazy. I will try it again when I get home to confirm, but I think that was it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol