Hardware Unsure which mod has been applied to the conosle

Tilek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello I bought a a second hand new Nintendo 3ds the former owner didn’t told me it was probably hacked because on the system version I can see “sys 11 10 0 43 e” instead of Ver.
I wish to know some things
1 if I play original games will I be banned because that person hacked the console?
2 there’s any way I can opt out of this mod?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) No. Pretty much the only way to get banned is cheating online.
2) Technically yes. I do not recommend doing so because removing the custom firmware has absolutely no positive effects I can think of.

Tilek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So if I get your reply right I can fear nothing because my games are original?
I

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if I get your reply right I can fear nothing because my games are original?
There have been no reports of banned systems for quite some time. Either Nintendo can't reliably detect custom firmware on the 3DS or they do not care (anymore) or both. The situation is completely different on the Nintendo Switch.
I never play online so I'm not the best contact person for that – but even with illegitimate copies (installed .CIA files) there does not seem to be any risk of bans. The forum would be full of complaints if anything like that had happened.

Tilek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you again for your reply I’m only in fear of ban because my account has many Pokémon linked to it and all of them are legit plus I usually buy from Nintendo store and I wish not to be banned.
Do you think I can keep buying from the store?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you again for your reply I’m only in fear of ban because my account has many Pokémon linked to it and all of them are legit plus I usually buy from Nintendo store and I wish not to be banned.
Do you think I can keep buying from the store?
I've been using CFW on my 2|3DS systems for some years now – many other people even longer. I've never had or heard of any problems with buying software from the eShop (visited eShop just yesterday).

The only thing that might give trouble is when things like TikDevil or FreeShop had been used on the console in the past (before the server side changes that came with version 11.8 killed those tools). In case the previous owner downloaded fake tickets for some (all?) titles this could make downloading legitimate purchases impossible until the fake tickets are removed. [Reference] Another reason not to delete the CFW.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Tilek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
True issue is this genius removed the sd card so I’ve not any idea of what was in the console before me

I do not know if this counts as “remove tickets” he left no info to me as the console was mint... I find out has been hacked because on firmware it tells sys and my console not hacked tells ver.

Plus the console tells me wants to update firmware and I do not know if I shall let it do that

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
If you want to update firmware go for it, no need to do it for online play. All my games (25GB+ In total) are pirated and I can still play them online (MK7, Smash, Pokemon etc...) the only legit game i own is a cartridge of Super Mario Maker where i can use the online functions normally.

P.S I also cheat sometimes online in MK7 so whatever,

P.S 2 It is possible to know what was installed on the console, you would just need to look to all installed tickets but that would take like 1 hour

Last edited by Aquadraws,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Tilek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you want to update firmware go for it, no need to do it for online play. All my games (25GB+ In total) are pirated and I can still play them online (MK7, Smash, Pokemon etc...) the only legit game i own is a cartridge of Super Mario Maker where i can use the online functions normally.

P.S I also cheat sometimes online in MK7 so whatever,

P.S 2 It is possible to know what was installed on the console, you would just need to look to all installed tickets but that would take like 1 hour

So if I update with the original firmware from settings won’t brick my console !

Tilek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any further issue for street pass!? The guy had it disabled but i use it a lot?

Tilek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see. I’m planning to transfer my Nintendo I’d from my old console to the new one anything else i need to be know before I go ahead? (I’m sorry for all the dumb questions but the issue is I do not know what this guy did so I’m walking on eggshells a bit)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One last comment about the tickets: The tickets are not stored on the SD but on the internal NAND. I did not want to make you feel insecure… only mentioned this because it has happened in the past (fake tickets blocking downloads). If there are problems with downloading software you paid for: These problems can be solved.

Have fun with your 3DS – and if anything does not work, just ask for help again.

Tilek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you so much then! I hope this guy didn’t had tickets but anyway I will ask again if I need helping you all have been so helpful and kind!

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning