Hacking Unsure of which modchip to get

Sweetchinmusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really unsure what modchip i have to get for the wii.

My serial number is: LEH18277160

Ive been told i need the D2Sun by a website, but im not sure if they are telling the truth or just making me to purchase the most expensive one lol. Would like to get it with a wiiclip too.

Please help as ive been trying to figure it out for days now and just want to chip the console and get it over with lol.

Thanks

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
You definately have a D2C... maybe even a D2C2 because of your high number - so this rules out the cheap chips - ie wiikey etc.

You'll need a Wasabi V2 or D2Pro9 V2 or latest Argon or (i suppose) a D2Sun.

I'm a bit unsure about the sun... it might be a good chip, but it's a bit unproven and new - looks like a clone.

If you want a totally solderless clipped solution, go for the D2Pro9 V2. Wasabi V2 is also a good choice, but with the clip, you still need to solder one point.

Scsweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the same vien as the OP, I am also looking for a modchip for my wii, but for a D2B motherboard. Currently I am looking to buy a wiikey 1.9s + clip, but before I go off and buy one, does anyone have a recommendations for me on what to buy?

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
If its a cut leg D2B (I don't think WiiClip works on that, does it?), your best option is either a Wasabi or D2Pro9

Scsweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xeronage said:
If its a cut leg D2B (I don't think WiiClip works on that, does it?), your best option is either a Wasabi or D2Pro9

It's a launch Wii. Will the wii-clip work with the D2B/DMS motherboard?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if you could help me out with this too. My serial number is LU304042256. I'm leaning towards getting the wiikey since it's so easy to install and is pretty popular among modchips, but I'm not even sure if my Wii supports it! Also, if I could get a Wii Clip with it, that would make it better, but I don't know if that will work on my Wii either! Any help would be appreciated!

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after doing a little bit of research, i'm pretty sure my wii is compatible with the wiikey. i think i'm going to get one unless someone thinks there's a better option. right now, i think the wiikey is the best option for me because it's cheap and it works. any suggestions?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SenorClean said:
Sportsmaniac1322

Your wii is has a GC2-DMS drive in it - so wiikey is a good choice.

Either that, or free clip and run YAOSM on it.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12714

Thanks so much! That's really reassuring, since I didn't want to spend $40 on a wii-clip and wiikey if it wasn't going to work! Thanks for your help!

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Scsweeps said:
Xeronage said:

It's a launch Wii. Will the wii-clip work with the D2B/DMS motherboard?

If it's a launch Wii, the legs won't be cut, so there's no point running a Wasabi or D2pro. Just get a wiikey or free clip.

WiiClip with Wasabi or D2Pro9 will work on older wiis... so long as you only solder the points that are needed, and insulate the rest.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
One last thing...will the wiikey wii-clip work on my wii? Or do I need to solder it on manually?

Waste of money if you're gonna use it with a Wiikey. IIRC WiiKeys only needed 5 Solder points and your Wii doesn't have the Cut IC legs. But if you're dead set on it make sure you get the WiiKey version and not the other templates

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SenorClean said:
It will work, yes. Of course you'll have to solder the wiikey to the clip though.

I'm getting one that's pre-soldered
smile.gif
Thanks for all your help.

Sweetchinmusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys i initally made this thread a while ago.

My Serial number is LEH18277160

I still havent actually chipped my Wii due to time and stuff etc, but im planning to do it as soon as possible. Just wondering if the chip mentioned in the thread is still the best? Or are there newer and cheaper ones out now?

Also i heard something about the wiiclips and was just wondering if someone could confirm or rubbish it lol. Someone told me that they aren't that good, as the joints get heated, leading to the chip becoming seperated from the actual clip? It sounds rubbish to me, but thought id check on this forum just in case.

Looking to chip this Wii probably this or next weekend so seriously any help is appreciated.

Thank you for all the earlier comments also.

SirTempest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i wouldn't take a clip, you often hear problems, that the chips don't work properly with them. my d2pro is soldered and i have now problems with it, as long as my burns are good ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over