Hacking [UNSUCCESSFUL] I THINK I might have cracked vita piracy (35% probably not)...

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 8,958
  • Replies 60
  • Likes 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, so now I'm 60% sure that it fully works, but I really do need testers! I've tried about 3 or 4 people, but a couple have some limitations on their Vitas (i.e. not being able to get an update payload, etc.). If you know you are on 3.52 or lower, and have an existing game which needs updating, then please let me know. :)

Hello everyone,

So yesterday, I finally knew how to make >3.20 installation packages, exactly like the Unity install package. (you can find some examples of the install packages in the other thread.)

However I made another install package, which I haven't released for obvious reasons, which was a Ratchet and Clank 3 install package (R&C3 is obviously paid-for content), and when I tested the installation package on my own Vita, the installation worked!!!

Now I'm wondering if that install package would work on other Vitas. Any suggestions? Would it work? Wouldn't it work?

Because I think it's only the PKGs that have the DRM flags.

Update! Here's a screenshot of it fully installing the Ratchet & Clank 3 install package onto my 3.15 Vita!

2015-12-21-151259.jpg

Last edited by , , Reason: A couple of updates on the matter...

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well can you launch R&C3 ?
If not then it's probably worth "nothing" as we have sevral ways to get files onto the PSV.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it with another game you don't actually own or from another account.

EDIT: What is the other thread btw ??

Last edited by FR0ZN,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Try it with another game you don't actually own or from another account.
I'll try it from another account since there's probably no game install packages floating around the web.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Have you ever installed that game on your system?

Since it's possible to dump memory card now, dump it and look for the game's license.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Have you ever installed that game on your system?

Since it's possible to dump memory card now, dump it and look for the game's license.
Dude, I used the memory card dump to actually get the game files.

Anyway, isn't the dumped license tied together with MY PSN account?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Dude, I used the memory card dump to actually get the game files.

Anyway, isn't the dumped license tied together with MY PSN account?
Oh so you dumped them? Is there any difference compared to downloading from the servers directly?
Yes it is I just want to know if it's there or not. Would be better if we know if the license was there before you installed it, which is why I asked if you've ever downloaded that game.

D

Deleted User

OP
Oh so you dumped them? Is there any difference compared to downloading from the servers directly?
Yes it is I just want to know if it's there or not. Would be better if we know if the license was there before you installed it, which is why I asked if you've ever downloaded that game.
The server downloads the PKG version of it. That PKG contains all the DRM flags which prevents installation using Package Installer. Also, we can't extract those PKG files yet, so I have to dump the memory card and access the game files from there. It's all how the Unity installation package was made.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The server downloads the PKG version of it. That PKG contains all the DRM flags which prevents installation using Package Installer. Also, we can't extract those PKG files yet, so I have to dump the memory card and access the game files from there. It's all how the Unity installation package was made.
Hmm, never heard of these DRM flags.
Nonetheless have you ever downloaded the game on your system? If you have and deleted it then it might simply be that the license was never deleted.

D

Deleted User

OP
Hmm, never heard of these DRM flags.
Nonetheless have you ever downloaded the game on your system? If you have and deleted it then it might simply be that the license was never deleted.
Well, I don't know if they are actually known as DRM flags, but there are certainly DRM mechanisms in place for paid content (in PKG form, I mean).

Yes the game has been downloaded onto my system before. When I deleted Ratchet and Clank 3 from my system, to test out my installation package, I'm pretty sure that the license was deleted with it, too.

I'm pretty sure that a license is generated from EVERY installation package that I made.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Well, I don't know if they are actually known as DRM flags, but there are certainly DRM mechanisms in place for paid content (in PKG form, I mean).

Yes the game has been downloaded onto my system before. When I deleted Ratchet and Clank 3 from my system, to test out my installation package, I'm pretty sure that the license was deleted with it, too.

I'm pretty sure that a license is generated from EVERY installation package that I made.
Maybe. Though keeping the license seems to be more sensible, as it does not take up much space.
Generating a license doesn't sound right however. They should be generated server side and signed (pretty sure this is how PSStore downloads work).

Oh and btw is there a guide on making those packages?

D

Deleted User

OP
Maybe. Though keeping the license seems to be more sensible, as it does not take up much space.
Generating a license doesn't sound right however. They should be generated server side and signed (pretty sure this is how PSStore downloads work).

Oh and btw is there a guide on making those packages?
Nah, the licenses ARE generated, even offline (in the Package Installer app).

What firmware are you on? I could do with a tester.

D

Deleted User

OP
For the love of god I can't find it.
It's on the hacking and homebrew page. it's titled [RELEASE] Voxel Studios' >3.20 (legal) install packages, or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...