OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
Hello guys!​
I recently managed to change my O3DS LL (Jap) 9.4J emuNAND to 9.5U. I followed the following steps (from this guide):

1. Installing rxTool, Booted into its menu, then chose generate fat16.xorpad option.​
2. Downloaded 9.5 firmware using 3DSNUS, deleted all the .cias starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138. Actually I used a script to do that. I really have no idea why do I have to do this.
2. Booted into emuNAND, opened dev menu, installed all the remaining cia for the firmware.
3. After the install successfully done, I turned off the 3DS, took out the card, extracted emuNAND using emuNAND tool 1.0.3
4. Using Secure infor tool, I injected a public secure infor US into my emuNAND, along with that fat16.xorpad generated before from the LL console.​
5. Reinjected that emuNAND into SD, booted up console > saw duplicate icons, put them all into a folder but not deleting them.

But the problem is that 9.5U swapped firmware on my LL is so unstable that it freeze every time I open an application such as Game notes, Notifications, browser,... then get back to home menu. Even cia games in US region freeze opening up.

Is there any step taken above wrong? Or its just it is not 100% stable at the time?​

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, quick note about #2 - you remove those because they are system modules that get flashed to the hardware when installed. This can lead to many problems - like a broken NFC reader that can't be fixed with a NAND mod.

But from what I understand, crashes and freezes will only happen when you have missing or duplicate titles. First, use FBI to search for any titles from the region you came from, and remove those if you see them (by either the CTR code or the TitleID). If you find any and successfully remove them, reboot and see if everything works. If something is still broken, make sure you aren't missing any system titles, such as the keyboard, system menu, settings, etc.

But for the love of all that is good in this world do not install titles that start with the IDs you mentioned above.

Reactions: Obi123

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
But for the love of all that is good in this world do not install titles that start with the IDs you mentioned above.

why are you saying this? things like this just confuse people and make them worry they are going to brick if they sneeze.
do you know what kind of stuff 0004800F is? -- "OH NO! don't install the DS WHITELIST!!"
or 00048005? -- "hope you never want to use ds download play, right?"
00040138 -- "you don't need to update the core 3ds fw, that's useless"

funny how you say "But from what I understand, crashes and freezes will only happen when you have missing or duplicate titles."and then say to leave a bunch of stuff out :D

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are you saying this? things like this just confuse people and make them worry they are going to brick if they sneeze.
do you know what kind of stuff 0004800F is? -- "OH NO! don't install the DS WHITELIST!!"
or 00048005? -- "hope you never want to use ds download play, right?"
00040138 -- "you don't need to update the core 3ds fw, that's useless"

funny how you say "But from what I understand, crashes and freezes will only happen when you have missing or duplicate titles."and then say to leave a bunch of stuff out :D
Apparently you weren't there when Wowfunhappy half-bricked his New3DS. I'm just being cautious. This thread hasn't been replied to in a while since it was posted, and I was trying to offer the least bit of help. Is there no value in being extra cautious when most (if not all) of the guides recommend you exclude these for that very reason?

You're being awfully cocky right now. Instead of picking apart my post and pointing out every mistake I've made, perhaps you should come back to this planet for a hot second and give OP some advice? You obviously know everything there is to know about this.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uninstall mii maker mii plaza and ar card games, i've region changed a bunch of 3ds's now and i've always done that since i read it somewhere and never had any problems.

Obi123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
It is very kind of you guys, honestly. I actually asked cearp before posting this (in a wrong 4rum section). ubergeek77, I'm changing my O3DS LL, should I be that cautious? But then anyway, being cautious is nothing bad at all as I have little understanding about different system titles, their roles, and how they work, how they are installed...

Hey, jefffisher, Just delete mii maker and mii plaza? And do you delete all the titles staring with the above posted IDs .cias before installing?

Again, thanks you guys very much. It's really helpfull :D!!!

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is very kind of you guys, honestly. I actually asked cearp before posting this (in a wrong 4rum section). ubergeek77, I'm changing my O3DS LL, should I be that cautious? But then anyway, being cautious is nothing bad at all as I have little understanding about different system titles, their roles, and how they work, how they are installed...

Hey, jefffisher, Just delete mii maker and mii plaza? And do you delete all the titles staring with the above posted IDs .cias before installing?

Again, thanks you guys very much. It's really helpfull :D!!!
uninstalling just those three titles should do the trick, mii plaza, mii maker and ar card games.
you can not have them installed more than once or it will cause problems so it's a good idea to uninstall them before doing a region swap.
i don't bother deleting anything since it wont install anything already installed the worst that could happen if it tries is you press start to skip however the worst that could happen if you accidentally delete something important is worse.

Obi123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
uninstalling just those three titles should do the trick, mii plaza, mii maker and ar card games.
you can not have them installed more than once or it will cause problems so it's a good idea to uninstall them before doing a region swap.
i don't bother deleting anything since it wont install anything already installed the worst that could happen if it tries is you press start to skip however the worst that could happen if you accidentally delete something important is worse.

Ok, so I have to uninstall the 3 titles above using FBI before installing new cias for new region right? Sounds simple. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all