Hacking unsigned cia w/rxtools?

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Had you bothered to look at ANY of the nearly 800 page long thread, you'd most certainly have your answer.
Don't be that guy please, instead of saying "Have you looked into..." that, you know, you could have answered directly his question, instead of reproaching him, *sigh* the nerve of some people.

With the question itself, yes, naturally, you can play any possible game on your 3DS with the CFW, as long as you meet the requirements of a 3DS working up to 9.2, higher than that is also possible with a homebrew boot method using a downgrade, so well, specify your FW and then i shall tell you what to follow for the next step.

susanoomon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't be that guy please, instead of saying "Have you looked into..." that, you know, you could have answered directly his question, instead of reproaching him, *sigh* the nerve of some people.

With the question itself, yes, naturally, you can play any possible game on your 3DS with the CFW, as long as you meet the requirements of a 3DS working up to 9.2, higher than that is also possible with a homebrew boot method using a downgrade, so well, specify your FW and then i shall tell you what to follow for the next step.
I have a o3ds running 9.2

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

he Can be that guy and so will I.

Literally Says this on the FIRST POST in the RXTOOLS thread

• Access to the eShop and to online playing (requires an updated emuNAND)
  • Support for 100% of the games (newer ones will require emuNAND)
  • Support for sysNAND, in case an emuNAND is not found
  • Support for the latest emuNAND version
  • Signatures Checks disabled
  • Support for installing FBI (a CIA Manager) in both emuNAND and sysNAND
  • Dynamic ram dumping (just for debug purpouses)
  • Support for sysNAND, in case an emuNAND is not found
  • AGB (GBA Virtual Console) Support
  • TWL (DSiWare/DS Cardriges) Support

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a o3ds running 9.2
Ok, you basically have the perfect FW for your 3DS, in this case i shall tell you how to do so.
The best CFW for your kind of 3DS is naturally, Rxtools, therefore, my answer will be this.

This video shows you how to get a CFW in your case, you will need to launch that webpage with the Browser enabled, assuming you have configured that, the files, and the etc.

This also requires you to have a certain hax point enabled, such as Menuhax, Cubic Ninja Hax, alternatively, you can downgrade to 4.2 and install a CFW with a different way, I heard downgrading was more risky so let us set things more clear, so well, all right then, first, before you do this tutorial, watch this video.

And alternatively https://gbatemp.net/threads/homemenuhax-v2-1-support-for-fws-10-2-10-3.407005/

Once you have prepared browserhax, you're now able to create an Emunand, and then do any of the tutorials that follows how to install a CFW, specially this one.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/

he Can be that guy and so will I.

Literally Says this on the FIRST POST in the RXTOOLS thread

I don't think anyone will understand what "Signature Checks" will mean for anyone, while i do encourage people to research about things, is not bad once in a while explaining how to do things or give an affirmative answer.

It takes less effort answering directly a person than just leave it with just "Go read the forum, close thread, how can a person like you..." than just "Yes, you can"

Last edited by Demifiend,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not everyone understands what a signature check is, you probably had no clue what they were until you read it yourself lol
lol pretty sure i did hence the firs thing i did was literally spend 2 seconds to go to rxtools to pinpoint it.

Besides rxtools isnt the first to bypass signature checks, plently of software you can get including drivers can be unsigned, its literally just licensing in a sense.

Besides he specifically asked can i run *Unsigned CIAS* so he must at least be aware of what that meant so the opposite should apply.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

The issue with the question is that there are HUNDREDS of threads with the answer. A quick search, and the time taken would have been half that to create the thread. People are new.. That's fine.. But by now it's no excuse, since the answers are right in your face..

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
lol pretty sure i did hence the firs thing i did was literally spend 2 seconds to go to rxtools to pinpoint it.

Besides rxtools isnt the first to bypass signature checks, plently of software you can get including drivers can be unsigned, its literally just licensing in a sense.

Besides he specifically asked can i run *Unsigned CIAS* so he must at least be aware of what that meant so the opposite should apply.

He probably understood "Unsigned Cia" as "The games that i can install without worrying about other things" and he wasn't sure about that, so he just asked a normal question.

No need to be harsh, it's just a simple question.

The issue with the question is that there are HUNDREDS of threads with the answer. A quick search, and the time taken would have been half that to create the thread. People are new.. That's fine.. But by now it's no excuse, since the answers are right in your face..

But it's not bad once in a while to just respond the question directly, yes, there are hundred of threads with the answer, but how can you be sure which thread will hold the definitive answer you will look for?, like a proper explanation of that, it doesn't help that you start in the Scene with 0 Knowledge or barely something, so a little bit of guiding is not bad once in a while i tell you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1