Blitzkind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Tonight I noticed my new 3DS XL was stuck at 48% battery life according to 3DSIdent after being plugged in for about four hours. After doing some googling I found that the battery was probably unseated so I unscrewed it and reseated the battery and bam, 99% battery charge. My question is two fold:

1) What actually causes this to happen? Before I set up an FTP homebrew on the console I was taking the back off constantly to add things to the SD card. Is it possibly I've damaged something to keep it in place?

2) Is there a way to fix this or prevent it from happening again? I believe it may have happened before a week or so ago as my time and date were reset back to 1/1. I'd really like to make sure this stops happening. I can't send the console into Nintendo as I recently had the system hardmodded. I've considered springing for a mugen battery but I'm not sure if that'll fix the unseating issue and the 90 dollar price tag is a little high to go off on a hunch for fixing it.

Any help you can provide would be great!

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try placing a small piece of paper on top of the battery. This worked for me with a o3DSXL, but I suppose you may have to tape it in place for a n3DSXL.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hi all,

Tonight I noticed my new 3DS XL was stuck at 48% battery life according to 3DSIdent after being plugged in for about four hours. After doing some googling I found that the battery was probably unseated so I unscrewed it and reseated the battery and bam, 99% battery charge. My question is two fold:

1) What actually causes this to happen? Before I set up an FTP homebrew on the console I was taking the back off constantly to add things to the SD card. Is it possibly I've damaged something to keep it in place?

2) Is there a way to fix this or prevent it from happening again? I believe it may have happened before a week or so ago as my time and date were reset back to 1/1. I'd really like to make sure this stops happening. I can't send the console into Nintendo as I recently had the system hardmodded. I've considered springing for a mugen battery but I'm not sure if that'll fix the unseating issue and the 90 dollar price tag is a little high to go off on a hunch for fixing it.

Any help you can provide would be great!
Something similar happened with my N3DS, the power would cut off abruptly mid-use and it would jump from full to red low battery warning minutes after charging. Removing and reinserting the battery seemed to fix it for a few days before symptoms re-emerged.

I stuck a piece of thin double-sided tape on the underside of the battery, which seems to have fixed the issue. The tape secures it in place and stops the contacts from being jogged.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was something only I experienced, and only on new 3DS (non-XLs).

There's nothing you can do to prevent it other than not messing with the back of the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: sounds like something Ween would play