Hacking Unsafe to update firmware from original DVD's?

Humble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Started to softmod my Wii to be able to use USB-loaders.

had some friends over eho had bought New Super mario Bro's, and we where going to try it. Although it required that some updates where applied to the system from the DVD. Is it unsafe to update from DVD's when having an softmodded system?

Right now my Wii firmware is 4.2e, so I thought that it didn't require any more updates.

Humble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, if I run the update it will most likely screw up my sofmod installation? Is there also a risk that it will brick my system?

Humble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Aah, big thanx for all replies. Just trying to get the hang out of how the process around this is really working.

* heading off to hunt down priiloader ...

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
DeadlyFoez said:
chances are the update wont hurt anything, but why chance it. Just use priiloader and enable the hack and you wont have to worry about it.

But to let you know, the important update on the NSMBW game is IOS53, just download the latest version of it from NUS Downloader and install it with WAD Manager and you'll be all set to go.
holy shit, you just told some1 to use priiloader

thought you hated it so much?
frown.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Humble said:
Aah, big thanx for all replies. Just trying to get the hang out of how the process around this is really working.

* heading off to hunt down priiloader ...
here's a link to my priiloader bundle if your interested (or u can go to the official google code site for priiloader)

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
DeadlyFoez said:
Daco said:
DeadlyFoez said:
chances are the update wont hurt anything, but why chance it. Just use priiloader and enable the hack and you wont have to worry about it.

But to let you know, the important update on the NSMBW game is IOS53, just download the latest version of it from NUS Downloader and install it with WAD Manager and you'll be all set to go.
holy shit, you just told some1 to use priiloader

thought you hated it so much?
frown.gif
Wow, I'm actually surprised that I typed that. Error on my part. I'm probably going to be turning a leaf to priiloader soon and help you guys with bug testing and shit if I can. It seems like you guys have gotten many of the bugs out and people aren't having so many issues anymore. I should PM you anyways. The thing that will be a deal maker for me is if you guys successfully get the power/reset/eject buttons for navigation when a wiimote is not synced, or figure out a way to be able to red button sync wiimotes.

There certainly was a period when I was pissed at it and had to thrash your thread, but it's all good.
biggrin.gif

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
hehe
you had your reasons. 0.1 had that serious issue of destroying system menu and 0.2 was a complete disaster D:

also, power/reset can be controlled but i fail to see why as they would interfere with how priiloader works :/

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Daco said:
also, power/reset can be controlled but i fail to see why as they would interfere with how priiloader works :/
wow, we're really getting off-topic... but who cares, it seems like the OP's problem has been fixed (or at least he has a plan now).

i don't think that would interfere with how priiloader works, we just need a delay in there... noone is going to keep reset held down 5 seconds after the priiloader menu comes up.

I remember u once suggested auto-booting the system menu if there was no wiimote connected after X amount of time. That is another reasonable solution... as it would allow anyone with wiimotes that wont sync to access the wii system menu... only problem is if some1's wiimotes are screwed AND their system menu (or system menu IOS) is screwed... then they would need a GC controller to navigate priiloader and fix the problem (GC controllers work with priiloader right?)

Humble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, problem solved, somwhow ...
tongue.gif

Didn't have to install prilloader, well, to be honest I really didnt get HOW to install it. And while fiddling around with all IOS it suddenly just worked with Super Mario.

Thnx, for all help ... heads off to continue to explore the world of Wii softmodding!

And, please, go ahead, the thread is all yours
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended