Unresponsive R Button on Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by yee, Dec 7, 2006.

1. yee
    OP

yee DOTA 4EVER

Jul 9, 2006
    Canada
    Vancouver
    Just checking to see if anyone else has been able to fix it before sending it in for repairs.

The R button only works if you push it at a certain place with a certain pressure, and I kept pressing it for like 10 minutes and blowing into it seeing if it would fix it, but the problem still exists.

It only works now if I hold it really hard, and even then I'm lucky to even have it respond.

Thanks

2. heyyouguys

heyyouguys GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2006
    United States
    I had the same problem. That is why I bought mine at Target (like a walmart, but a little nicer). Returned after 3 weeks of use, with no drops. In fact second one got a broken hinge, returned 2nd time and this time got a black one, no issues yet. month and a half old so far.

Return it

3. yee
    OP

yee DOTA 4EVER

Jul 9, 2006
    Canada
    Vancouver
    Haha, sorry for forgetting to update this thread.

I returned it a couple of days ago, but this one has 2 pink pixels (assuming they're dead).

Least I can play Mario Kart again [​IMG]

The person that helped me from BestBuy was very nice, and quick. I told him what was wrong, he went in the back for a few minutes, came back out and gave me my new DSL [​IMG]

4. yee
    OP

yee DOTA 4EVER

Jul 9, 2006
    Canada
    Vancouver
    Yeah, how'd you remember? LOL

They have one in Richmond, so it's pretty convient for us living in the area, but I was just wondering because Richmond is still like a 30 minute drive from my place, hah.

5. fischju_original

fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    alot of the time it wont work if the screen is all the way up

6. Mystic-Homer

Mystic-Homer GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2006
    Canada
    Yes, indeed... Now I just have to figure out how to get there, haha... Not quite sure how, exactly.

All I know is that I see it driving down the highway all the time... And never been in there :S

7. falcon64z8

falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 28, 2005
    United States
    Well does anyone know a fix to it, since my ds phat been doing the same thing. I had thing over a year and there is no returning it back to wherever I got it.

8. Lawr.

Lawr. Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2006
    Don't you live near Vancouver ? Nintendo has a walk-in repair center, so GO THERE. They just give away DS Lites.

9. supergahar

supergahar Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2006
    Senegal
    Is there any nintendo service centre in singapore?
    bcoz i bought lite in target australia, and the R quite non responsive also. [​IMG]

10. cheesyPOOF5

cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2006
    United States
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice