1. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Looks like something that would be right at home on the Amiga.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Similar lines of logic to RPG and JPRG (think comparing Skyrim to Final Fantasy), and if you go further there Europe (seemingly by virtue of not having as big a dungeons and dragons scene at the relevant/formative point in history) produces some notably different stuff to those again (to say nothing of Russia when it was doing its own thing -- they were buggy as you like but often well ahead of the curve). Or the stuff with strategy games (real time or otherwise) being notably different in their approaches between countries. Or in regular board games German board games vs not German board games.

In shooters, or shmups as they tend to be known these days, there was also a fairly noted split between the Japanese approach, which eventually tended towards something called Bullet Hell and the European approach which went other ways (and kind of became massively niche where Japan continued on enjoying not inconsiderable popularity for years). If we can spare ourselves a discussion of shmup mechanics then please believe me when I say we will be better for it (if you want the merest whiff of it then look up the vertical vs horizontal debates).

In the end I find it about as useless as all discussions of genre... actually useless might be the wrong term and limiting would be a better one but that is a discussion for a different thread.

3. Viorlu

Viorlu Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Is there also hardcore music included in the game itself?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Unreleased, Hardcore, release