NULL

Question Unreal Tournament 99 possible? Thru Windows 95?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by t1op, Mar 14, 2019.

1. t1op
    OP

t1op Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Since Windows 95 can run on the Switch, could we install Unreal Tournament 99???
    I haven't tried running it myself so I don't know if this is possible or if installing a program while running Windows 95 is an issue.
    Anyone?
    Need a good FPS for hacked switches... Just got Quake 3, but I like Unreal Tournament more.

2. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    you are asking for a thing that would be very hard to pull off. You have a better shot of someone porting it over as homebrew.

3. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    You can use Xash3D to play Half-Life, Blue Shift, and Opposing Force. Runs pretty well, I enjoy it.

I really doubt you'll get good FPS out of Unreal Tournament, right now Window 95 has to be run out of DosBox. But hey, instead of asking, why don't you try it and tell us how it goes?

4. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    is the game does based? there are ways to play dos games

5. t1op
    OP

t1op Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I read that it is not :(

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Half-Life looks pretty good. I'll definitely check that out. Hope the multiplayer works!
    When I get a chance I'll try to install by Win95 and see what happens.

6. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Multiplayer doesn't work, as far as I know it hasn't been implemented in Xash3D yet (even before it was ported to Switch).

We're lucky Win95 even loads right now, but the Switch is not going to be able to handle the overhead of Win95 on DosBox plus Unreal Tournament. Our best hope for Unreal Tournament would be for someone to port OpenUT to the Switch. I doubt it will happen, but then again some gracious devs have already done a great job porting emulators, DOOM 3, Quake, Alien vs. Predator, Half-Life, Duke Nukem 3D... I can't rule out any possibilities.

AronR and t1op like this.
  7. Ak47de

Ak47de Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2018
    Germany
    UT 99 G.o.t.y on switch would be the best thing ever. thats what im looking for. maybe this will happen , when than i will pay for the devlopers.

This was one of the best games ever legendary.

8. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Good luck getting anything to work in win95 or 98, I had both running in dosbox and there were plenty of errors and the only game I could get running was solitaire

9. coffinbirth

coffinbirth Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    What about Unreal Tournament for Dreamcast? Anyone tried that on Reicast for Switch?

10. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    well its written in UE and Fortnite is written in UE too. so maybe we can do the same thing like we did with undertale. and play all UE Games. but Compatibility Issues will appear i guess.

11. Ak47de

Ak47de Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2018
    Germany
    Oh Wrong topic dident saw thats about windows 95/98 cant just a port to the switch can be made since UT 99 GOTY was made for LINUX too ? A port from AvP was done too why not UT99 ?

If someone can do this ill pay money !

12. Buszu92

Buszu92 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2018
    Poland
    I do not want to create another thread so ask here. It's possible to play Heroes of Might and Magic 2 or 3 on Switch?

TimeDevouncer likes this.
  13. gbazone

gbazone GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2014
    Just play the Dreamcast version on Reicast....

sj33 likes this.
  14. Ak47de

Ak47de Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2018
    Germany
    ITS Hardcore lagging... Barely Playable sadly

15. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Not even Minesweeper?

16. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    lol no

17. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    Error 404 Arguments again not found

18. Vadographer

Vadographer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2018
    United States
    to provide a definitive answer, the game is closed-source if i remember correctly, which makes it damn hard to port. any form of win 95 emulation on the switch is very slow, so that is ruled out. and UT on the dreamcast has many issues on the switch, including an unplayable framerate, and in my case, many textures are just missing. tried 4 different versions from 4 different sites. sorry dude, as much as i want this too, we will have to wait a bit for current emulators to be optimized.

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You're basically equating Game Maker with Unreal Engine 4 which is a whole new level of stupid. Please stop posting and spreading your idiocy. Error 404 brain not found in user: Sumandora.

20. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    again only bashing. you have no proof, no idea, no brain