Unreal Tournament 3

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not really. I was sort of excited about 2003, which turned out to be a dud of epic proportions. They ironed out some of the issues in 2004, but the original's still the most fun to play. I expect it'll be the same with this one - it'll be okay, but won't reach the same level as the first one did.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, pre-ordered it back at the start of the year when it was due out.
Just started using UnrealEd at uni and I can't wait to upgrade my levels to the UT3 spec.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2003 was rushed but 2004 was awesome.

Also, they recently released the requirements to run the game. After seeing some of the pictures, I was worried by half year old computer wouldn't cut it but luckily it does.

And I still for the life of me can't figure out where they came up with the 3 in this title.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really liked the original but didn't like 2003/4 as much. I'll be getting UT3 for my comp, it looks much better than the last few

Unreal Tournament was the original
Unreal Tournament 03/04 was the second version
Unreal Tournament 3 is the third
smile.gif

jumpman17

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Demo has just hit the interwebs. It's awesome.

http://www.fileplanet.com/181421/180000/fi...ent-3-Beta-Demo

EDIT: After trying out online, it lags like crazy. Seems the demo is not compatible with Win2k3 where all the dedicated servers are. So the result is my gun taking 1-2 seconds to fire, by which time the other guy is already in another room.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't even been able to connect to a game online. Stupid Gamespy.

The game runs pretty badly on my computer. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I might have to play the delayed 360 version to really enjoy it due to the fuzzy graphics.

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I loved the original. I disliked 2k3, but I pre ordered the 2k4 Limited Edition and played for about 2 years. I could take on Godlike CPU like nothing and the I was held my own online. Just played the UT3 demo and it is amazing. Everything cranked out at 1680x1050 and it is beautiful. I highly recommend it if you like the faster paced, vehicle driven, game that UT has become. If you like the slower UT and the advanced acrobatics don't suit your fancy, I would stay away as the double jump, wall jump, and advanced shield gun wall running are all back.

jumpman17

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just hope they get the online lag problem fixed before release date.

Oh, and the PS3 release got delayed into 2008 as well. So now only PC remains for 2007. Hope it doesn't get delayed too.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got enough games to play at the moment
frown.gif
looks like I'll wait until at least the retail release.

I thought it was only the beta released and you had to be a member of fileplanet which costs $$$. Someone let me know what the deal is if possible. Cheers

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, some places call it a demo, some call it a beta demo. Nonetheless, the sites where you can download it at are :

3D Downloads, 4players.de, ActionTrip, AusGamers, ComputerGames.ro, eXp.de, FanGaming, Fileaholic, FileFront, FilePlanet (registration required), FileShack, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, and PixelRage.

(Thanks goes to Blue's News for that list)

I suggest GamersHell personally but the servers were packed this afternoon. Best of luck for those who have to sit in lines.

Also, it seems that there is an unofficial torrent floating around that is just the demo.exe. That is also a good way to go as the number of seeds were pretty high. If only the companies would start using torrents to distribute their big files everything would be better.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I would get a PS3 to play it (because a PS3 would be cheaper than a new Computer), but then again, I don't have money for one.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Less deaths usually mean more camping most the time
tongue.gif
I like how the deaths don't show up on the scoreboard with team fortress 2, just kills and points

jumpman17

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, this game is visually amazing.

This is it running at full everything on my computer. I'm not sure what some of the weird shapes are. I think it's some kind of gun fire or something. It's hard to take a picture when you got people shooting at you
tongue.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Played it. Imo it's ugly, not up to what I was expecting by long shot. The good thing is, it certainly plays like UT. Not sure whether I like it better than UT2k4 yet.

Edit: okay, so after having played a few rounds of Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch/Vehicle CTF, I can safely say this game is awesome; by far better than Halo 3 (as an MP FPS) and its predecessors 2k4/2k4. I need to give it time to figure whether I prefer it over the original, but so far it looks to be as awesome as it was.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's pretty
smile.gif

just remember this is the beta and they've left out some of the very high detail texture to make the download a half decent size.

jumpman17

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait wait wait.

I just read that UT3 won't have Onslaught and Assault modes?

These were my favorite modes from UT2004.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)