OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

20 years ago, Epic MegaGames released their brand new game at the time--Unreal. Now that it's been two decades since the release of the game, Epic is celebrating by making Unreal: Gold Edition free, for a limited time. You can claim the game on both GOG and Steam, and if you do so, you get to keep the game in your library for good. Normally, the game is $10. The offer will only last for two days.

:arrow: Steam

:arrow: GOG

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's a pretty coincidence. I just watched that LGR video because it was suggested to me by youtube. It brought back so many good memories. :D

yay, a game i already paid twice for. :grog:

but if you're into shooters and haven't played it, you are missing out!
Twice? Pffff...Amateur.

I think I'm at three or four, now. :P
Cool, another free game in my huge library of unplayed games :toot:
I know I'm but a random internet dweller to you, but take it from me: the game is astonishing. Even after 20 years, the game holds up beautifully (especially in the music and level design department). I promise you that you won't regret playing it. :)

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twice? Pffff...Amateur.

I think I'm at three or four, now. :P

Oh jeez, why so many times though? I bought the original PC release at some point, but the CD-ROM got scratched over the years so i bought it on GOG when i felt like replaying it another time. :gun:

At least i can say it's a good game and well worth the money.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh jeez, why so many times though? I bought the original PC release at some point, but the CD-ROM got scratched over the years so i bought it on GOG when i felt like replaying it another time. :gun:

At least i can say it's a good game and well worth the money.
In a twist of irony: I pirated it at first. :P
I liked it so much I went out and got a boxed copy somewhere.
A few years down the line, I found this UT game of the year edition in a store. While I had the majority of it (Unreal and Unreal tournament), I bought it a second time for the return to Na Pali expansion and a couple mods of UT that were included.
Some years later, there was a steam deal on unreal games, so I got that one as well.
Before today, I already had it (unreal gold) on GoG. That's one I can't recall. Did I get another copy on a GoG sales spree*, or was it one of the GoG connect thingies that let me get a "free copy" in my GoG library if I had it on steam? I honestly don't know.

Still...the end result is three or four times. :P

*no, steam isn't the only one doing that. And while the catalog is smaller, I like GoG's offerings better (if you spend X money, you'll get extra games for free)

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
dat castle flyby gives me shivers every time.

EDIT: I recommend installing the directx 10 renderer before trying the old unreal patch. why? because maintains the game intact unlike the old unreal patch that modifies the main menu, splash logo and who knows what more.
http://www.kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

Last edited by Sakitoshi,
Reactions: Taleweaver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over