Unpopular Opinions Time

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Megadriver94, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I'm guessing you meant old =/= bland, and I'd agree with that statement, but two collections of games available on the XB360 can't keep propping up XB1 sales on their own forever. Seems like Microsoft doesn't care that much about hardware sales any more, though, they're looking for that publisher revenue now.

Last edited by Xzi, Mar 2, 2019
  2. bodefuceta

bodefuceta GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2018
    Brazil
    The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

3. Megadriver94
    OP

Megadriver94 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Earth
    CS:GO and both Portal games deserve to be ported to the Xbox One and maybe also the PS4.

4. Megadriver94
    OP

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Earth
    Twitch>Mixer>>PS Network Streaming>>>>>>>>>Stadia by Google
    Kotaku and IGN need to get shafted

yukivulpes likes this.
  5. yukivulpes

yukivulpes Banned

Banned
    Apr 7, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Launch model PS3 is one of the best and most versatile consoles of all time.

Rap and pop are garbage and have been since the mid-00s or so. It’s like we stopped being musically experimentive since then.

6. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    I’ve always loved my Phat PS3, still got my launch day model. PS1, PS2 and PS3 games since launch and now that it’s hacked, very versatile indeed.

SG854 and yukivulpes like this.
  7. Megadriver94
    OP

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Earth
    The Elder Scrolls series should be put to rest after TES VI.

Disney should not have bought as much of Fox as they did. The Fantastic 4 and X-men film rights, yes and maybe the distribution rights to Star Wars Episodes 2-5, but NOT their animation departments!

8. skrck

skrck Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2019
    Mexico
    Brawl is better than melee. Melee feels very clunky, like a beta version of brawl.

Please dont hurt me

yukivulpes likes this.
  9. yukivulpes

yukivulpes Banned

Banned
    Apr 7, 2019
    United Kingdom
    melee is broken as hell

tbh smash in general is overrated

10. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Spelunky and Terraria were immediately overrated until the later updates came. (especisally on console.) That's when people started to really like the system software and how it works. On those particular games.

yukivulpes likes this.
  11. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fan-HAT-ic!

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Route 2
    Smash for 3DS is shunned and hated way more than it deserves to be.

12. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    - Smash Bros. Melee is overrated
    - Assassin's Creed 3 is better than Assassin's Creed 4 (I despise naval combat in video games, don't hurt me)
    - Final Fantasy X-2 is easily one of the worst FF games in the franchise, right up there with FFXIII
    - Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad are all overrated
    - Epic Games Store is hot garbage compared to Steam and dare I say, the uPlay Store
    - Persona 5 being a PS4 exclusive is bullshit

13. Megadriver94
    OP

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Earth
    CS:GO and both Portal games need to come to the Xbox One.
    Xbox One line deserves more exclusives and its own VR interface.
    Kevin Feige of Marvel Studios, and at least half of the writers and inkers for Marvel comics should be fired for going woke AF. ""cultural diversity"" is overrated.
    General Grievous should have killed Jar Jar Binks in Episode III

the_randomizer likes this.
  14. Stwert

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    Unpopular opinions you say? Let’s see....

Take all of the politicians out into the streets. One-by-one, shoot the bastards in the head and throw their bodies in a ditch.

Then from here on out, the desire to be a politician should forever ban you from ever being one.

Instead, we’ll choose, by nominations and voting, people we believe would do the job best, whether they want to or not. A true political system of the people, by the people, for the people!
    And if they start to fuck up, they get booted back to normal life.

Just a thought....

..... I think I need more coffee :P

Last edited by Stwert, Apr 14, 2019
    CORE likes this.
  15. Megadriver94
    OP

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Earth
    Review bombing is barely a thing; Epic, Disney, and Rotten Tomatoes overstate it in the name of corporate bullshit.
    Bethesda's last game that wasn't overrated was either TES IV: Oblivion, or Fallout 3.
    Todd Howard should give Bethesda CEO the finger and leave the company to start a new one.

16. Megadriver94
    OP

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Earth
    Phil Spencer is doing a worse job as President of Microsoft's game division due to becoming a woke lunatic these days; with virtue signaling such as the remark about "our blacks" and his more recent talk about needing to combat "toxicity"(a word which does have an actual definition, but is being used by corporate suites and femicommies as part of jargon to deride views they don't agree with) in gaming. I say fire his ass if he keeps it up.
    Revenge of the Sith is better than SOLO: a Star Wars Story
    Tetris 99 deserves to be ported to both Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
    Blood 2 is more tolerable than Duke Nukem Forever, as flawed as it is.

CORE likes this.
  17. CORE

CORE 3:16

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Eminem AKA Marshall Bruce Mathers.

The Biggest White Privileged Racist Piece of shit and no one talks about it a wannabe bitch boy.

Bum is on my list if your lucky you wont receive my fist.
    You and your face is a disgrace to the Human race.
    You aint the only one that can rhyme the difference is you bend over for a dime.
    F*** You and your blue and yellow purple hills all you care about is those dollar bills.

Thank You I know most of you will probably need some therapy after this but true.

Last edited by CORE, Jun 3, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  18. leafeon34

leafeon34 Expecto Patronum!

Suspended
    Sep 30, 2014
    United Kingdom
    AzkaBANNED.
    I completely agree. Everyone was expecting a Switch port after the Joker was announced for Smash. All we got was some shitty Warriors game. Maybe E3 will change this but I'm not holding my breath.

Silent_Gunner and the_randomizer like this.
  19. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    O’Dolye actually doesn’t rule.

20. Stwert

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland

Hells yeah, Tetris 99 is crying out for a smartphone/tablet port. I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion :)