Unpopular Opinions 2.0

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cheat on your spouse you should be put to death.
Perhaps, or at least sentenced to several years in prison or some time doing hard labor.

My unpopular opinion for here is that Polygamy is not inherently a vice. How many spouses/partners someone has in a marriage doesn't have to just be one and only one per individual marriage. Not all cultures have the same laws on marriage.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Doom Eternal is nowhere near as good as Doom 2016 and is far from GOTY.
I'm serious here. Eternal feels almost like a chore to play with how much they force you to use the chainsaw to regain ammo, especially during big encounters. In 2016 you only had the finisher which gave you health, ammo was never an issue, but in Eternal? It really ruined my fun of playing the game to the point I had to lower difficulty to the easiest one, even though I've beaten the entirety of Doom 2016 on hard difficulty.

Last edited by PewnyPL,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

Not unpopular :teach:
nah, most people often say it's the worst, though i know it has it's fans (myself included)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doom Eternal is nowhere near as good as Doom 2006 and is far from GOTY.
I'm serious here. Eternal feels almost like a chore to play with how much they force you to use the chainsaw to regain ammo, especially during big encounters. In 2006 you only had the finisher which gave you health, ammo was never an issue, but in Eternal? It really ruined my fun of playing the game to the point I had to lower difficulty to the easiest one, even though I've beaten the entirety of Doom 2006 on hard difficulty.
you mean 2016? there was no doom released in 2006

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unpopular opinion:
The CIA and FBI are NOT infallible, and just because they report on something does not mean they are telling the whole truth. It is quite foolish to take anything they say as automatically being true just because they are the CIA and FBI. CIA far is worse than the FBI, overall.
Both major political parties in the US are corrupt, not just one or the other.
Feinstein is WRONG when it comes to her advocation for national gun control, and is an avid liar.
I personally think abortion is not inherently wrong, but administration of it should be left to the states to decide within their respective jurisdiction, within the grounds that terminating a pregnancy as a last resort to save a woman's life and rape-conceived infants remains permissible
If Mixer REALLY HAD to shut down, then Microsoft should have turned it into Skype gaming, or made a contract with the owners of Smashcast.tv (formerly hitbox) or made a partnership with IBM and revitalize Ustream/IBM Cloud video.

Cryoraptor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, I've come back to a bomb field

I really think it should be ok to ban someone just for being a White Nationalist or a Neo-Nazi.
As long as they aren't unwelcomingly sharing their... controversial opinions and aren't harassing or being otherwise abusive to other members, I think banning someone just for their beliefs is censorship and totalitarian. What about a black nationalist or black Hitler? Would you be ok with banning them on the basis of their beliefs? How about radical communists and antifa?

And I'll repeat: if you want to defeat the trolls (because IMO, a lot of people looked at videos and memes like "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS UGLY FEMINIST ABORTION SUPPORTER WITH FACTS AND LOGIC" and other things like that interview Jordan Peterson conducted by Cathy "so what you're saying is" Newman and saw all the people who get triggered and saw it as gold to discover), you're going to have to avoid biting the bait. A fisher isn't going to keep going to a lake when he isn't getting any game, food, or whatever else fishers get fish for, and bullies aren't going to gang up on someone who's unfazed by their harassment unless if it's a part of a malevolent scheme they plan to ramp up if their initial provocations bear no fruit.

The thing is, the trolls are pushing you to ban them and others. They're testing to see if you're the bigger man/woman/*insert whatever else here*. If they see you balk and shut everything down, or get some other kind of negative reaction that makes one look weak, they win. The only way to win is to just not feed them.

Otherwise, that leads to a situation where the OG unpopular opinions thread gets locked down.
Agreed. This is kinda why once it got to the point where it was just a political shouting contest, I was counter-trolling the troll with their own logic and when it got hopeless, stayed out of it altogether, if I remember correctly.

What the fuck dude. As long as it's between consenting adults, this kind of stuff should remain as private business. Besides, anyone can say they were cheated on, and unless there's obvious stuff, it's kinda hard to prove. Let's keep out of people's personal lives and focus on real crimes like murder and rape.

Nationality should be based on your bloodline, not the territory you were born
By that logic, I'd have at least 4 nationalities, possibly more considering I'm 1/8th Canadian and several different groups have settled there, and there would be no Americans because basically no one living in the US today has a genetic history there. Not to mention, this is a slippery slope considering there's little genetic basis for most nations that exist today in general, so it's kinda impossible to define nationality based on bloodline/genetics.

Oh, am I meant to leave another unpopular opinion? Pokemon HGSS is bad.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As long as they aren't unwelcomingly sharing their... controversial opinions and aren't harassing or being otherwise abusive to other members, I think banning someone just for their beliefs is censorship and totalitarian. What about a black nationalist or black Hitler? Would you be ok with banning them on the basis of their beliefs? How about radical communists and antifa?
Considering the fact that I am referring to someone who is openly expressing their views as a neo-nazi or white nationalist. So it's safe to say I am referring to someone who is ultimately detrimental to the community and by the nature of their beliefs violate the Temp's TOS. Contrary to popular belief, the rules do not protect the speech of those who pose an actual threat to the community and typically those who are openly Neo-Nazis, White Nationalists, etc. tend to find themselves violating the rules on a pretty regular basis due to their beliefs. It seems like a waste of time to keep having to warn them over and over again until they finally get banned. I am more pro-cut out the nonsense and ban them outright if they believe the Temp is a safe place to express their views. As for Black Nationalists and Black Neo-Nazis, the same rule should apply as well. Considering many like the Black Hebrew Israelites tend to be just as terrible (if not worse at times,) there's no reason to treat them differently just because they are POC. As for the last two, most "radical Communists," aren't really active on the Temp. Antifa is literally a collection of ideas/movement/etc. and really isn't just one group of people. I will say anyone actively pushing for violence should have their post removed and or banned.
Controversial opinion, but that's an extreme response that could easily be abused. I actually know a lot of people whose spouses claimed they "cheated on them" despite the facts like pending divorce or other factors. These are people who were often victims of abuse and the claims of cheating from their previous spouse were often additional layers of psychological abuse. My ex-boyfriend even did this to me when I left him for my now ex-girlfriend. The point being is, such an extreme response to cheating could end up killing someone who's actually trying to better their life and or get out of an abusive situation.

Last edited by The Catboy,
D

Deleted User

By that logic, I'd have at least 4 nationalities, possibly more considering I'm 1/8th Canadian and several different groups have settled there, and there would be no Americans because basically no one living in the US today has a genetic history there. Not to mention, this is a slippery slope considering there's little genetic basis for most nations that exist today in general, so it's kinda impossible to define nationality based on bloodline/genetics.
there should be a cutoff but imo it still makes more sense than just being born in a place, it would avoid things like anchor babies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?