Unpopular Opinions 2.0

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the gamepad was cool as shit when your dad was watching rugby on the only tv in the one bedroom he rented lmao
Yeah lol, back then they even said you could "keep playing when you go to the toilet"... but to be honest, my gamepad didn't keep a strong enough connection when I left the room. PITA. Blergh.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sticks suck ass on the gamepad, and it's battery life is abysmal "at best". I'm tempted to do a 18650 battery mod on it with a custom battery cover, just so I can play Zelda for more than 40 minutes at a time.
The sticks on every modern controller sucks since the light sensors of the n64 and the magnetic sensors of the dreamcast were abandoned.
Also my wii u (which hey is almost 9 years old now) gamepad battery still lasts a good 3 hours before i have to turn on the external chinese pega pack i got, which gives me another 2 and half hours from it's crappy fake cell.

Reactions: Wolfy

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The sticks on every modern controller sucks since the light sensors of the n64 and the magnetic sensors of the dreamcast were abandoned.
Also my wii u (which hey is almost 9 years old now) gamepad battery still lasts a good 3 hours before i have to turn on the external chinese pega pack i got, which gives me another 2 and half hours from it's crappy fake cell.
Neither of my cells stay charged, and I need to swap out the crappy sticks on mine with Xbox One sticks. The concave design with the ridges on the outer rim are just a flawless stick design to keep thumbs from slipping off the sticks. The convex (bulging top) design Nintendo keeps using is just awful, and my thumbs keep slipping off constantly.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wii u is overrated. im tired of people gassing it up. it is a mediocre AT BEST console with a terrible controller that was only utilized well one or two times.

It's commonly considered a failure so overrated wouldn't be a word I would use for it. And its once again one of the things in the life that has a "market", and if it's not for you then its not for you. But it had amazing things going for it that I think should be given credit for despite it's horrible marketing.

I love both the gamepad and the Pro controller as they each had a place for different games, and I loved the hours I put into BOTW on it using the gyro. And the pro controller I could forget about most of the time going to my college's game room because it would always have a charge. When I first got the Wii U it was right after I got surgery on my chest so I was home for a month and couldn't move much due to the pain. So having the ability to play many different eras via the Virtual Console that the Switch still horribly pales in comparison to, and the screen on the gamepad that let me enjoy the games even when someone else wanted to use the TV was an amazing addition.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the wii u is overrated. im tired of people gassing it up. it is a mediocre AT BEST console with a terrible controller that was only utilized well one or two times.
The Wii U is a great console for emulation and homebrew in my honest opinion, way better than the original Wii.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
In my unpopular opinion, The 3DS had more business than the Switch in getting a Pokemon Snap title. The 3DS (ALL models, not just the New 3DS models) had functioning AR cameras and motion controls. Tell me, how many cameras are on the Switch again? Oh, that's right... They were too fucking cheap to add cameras. Therefore, the system without *ANY* cameras has NO FUCKING BUSINESS having a Pokemon Snap game!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In my unpopular opinion, The 3DS had more business than the Switch in getting a Pokemon Snap title. The 3DS (ALL models, not just the New 3DS models) had functioning AR cameras and motion controls. Tell me, how many cameras are on the Switch again? Oh, that's right... They were too fucking cheap to add cameras. Therefore, the system without *ANY* cameras has NO FUCKING BUSINESS having a Pokemon Snap game!
But it does have a :shit: camera!
Just under the right joycon!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/night-v...switch-utilizing-ir-camera-on-joycons.583637/

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bouncing off this but instead saying that it should be a mobile game.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Sega Dreamcast and Saturn should have been supported together in tandem outside of East Asia. By that, they should have not gone all "ThE SaTuRn iS nOt OuR fUtUrE" in mid 1998. Could have supported the Dreamcast and the Saturn together up until Q3 1999 or Q1 2000 for the Saturn, and Q2 2002 in regards to the Dreamcast's plug being pulled. That way, the Saturn could have had a couple of Star Trek games and its own version of STAR WARS, The Phantom Menace video game, and also Lobotomy making a Quake 2 Saturn port, perhaps. And of course, had it been allowed to be in production after 2001, Dreamcast Half Life would have been released officially with Blue Shift installed, along with other games such as Aliens vs Predator, Black and White 1, Baldurs Gate 1, Hyperdrive, Project Eden, Age of Empires II and its Expansion: the Conquerers (would likely have been be a 2-Disc game) Ecco II: Sentinels of the Universe having gotten completed, Star Trek, New Worlds, and the 1st Zone of the Enders on it as well. *sigh*

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Project68K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If P2W aspects hadn't plaugued mobile games, they would have advanced to the point that there wouldn't be a Nintendo Switch, because we would be play Switch quality games on our phone.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 32X should have either been cancelled, or been built wider so that it didn't require its own power source. Thus, only 2 cords needed after STICKING IT IN YOUR GENESIS.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid: Other M is not a bad game, and people would probably have been less harsh on it if it came out alongside a traditional 2D game (like Fusion/Prime or Zero Mission/Echoes)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2