[Unofficial] TempStyle Shadow - Actual dark theme for GBAtemp v6

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I reaaaally like the new look of the site, huge fan of vectors and flat UIs, but it's too bright for me. I've been wanting to do my own take on TempStyle Dark for a long time cause I never liked the default TempStyle Dark that mixed gray and blue.

Introducing TempStyle Shadow!
An actual dark and clean take on the V6 skin!

9jBszcs.png

More screenshots: Profile, Main forum view, In-topic view.

This skin mainly uses 3 shades of gray and white for most UI elements and links. The original orange color appears occasionally as hover color and poll stats, which works really well for my eyes.
This skin also brings back full signatures.

I spent last night and today skinning just about everything I could find ( huge thanks @TheKawaiiDesu for helping me search the site <3 ) and made it dark and nice.

Obviously like with every and anything there will be bugs and quirks, feel free to report those, should you find them.

The theme can be found on Userstyles HERE. To install it from here you need Stylish, but for your own sake, install Stylus (Chrome link - Firefox link) instead.
Note: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR GBATEMP STYLE SET TO THE NEW SKIN!

Last edited by Shadowfied,

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated to 1.02:

- Initial mobile styling (initial because I'm not sure if there are any other elements to style)
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Mobile nav is now styled (both top bar and the nav buttons)
ZnYlo0z.png

D

Deleted-379826

Updated to 1.02:

- Initial mobile styling (initial because I'm not sure if there are any other elements to style)
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Mobile nav is now styled (both top bar and the nav buttons)
ZnYlo0z.png
Woop, awesome! Great job again. As me and TH said though, could there be a bit of a lighter verson? Really getting used to this though. It's nice.

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiki is not skinned, is that planned at any point ?
Thanks for the skin btw, it's great :)
Not planning on skinning it no, but thanks for bringing it to my attention cause I never intended it to be affected at all. Need to change so it doesn't skin subdomains..

Last edited by Shadowfied,
Reactions: Silverthorn

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not planning on skinning it no, but thanks for bringing it to my attention cause I never intended it to be affected at all. Need to change so it doesn't skin subdomains..
No rush but you think that the white box from when a post is quoted will be fixed?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theme seems to work fine as a userscript rather than a style - if you have Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey/etc. installed already, there's no reason to install Stylish/Stylus/whatever.

I gave up on Stylish years ago due to high memory usage, but collecting and selling user data by default is pretty low. I can see why there'd be a demand for that info, though; being armed with the knowledge of which sites users re-theme the most gives web designers or site owners ideas about who/what/where to target.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Theme seems to work fine as a userscript rather than a style - if you have Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey/etc. installed already, there's no reason to install Stylish/Stylus/whatever.

I gave up on Stylish years ago due to high memory usage, but collecting and selling user data by default is pretty low. I can see why there'd be a demand for that info, though; being armed with the knowledge of which sites users re-theme the most gives web designers or site owners ideas about who/what/where to target.
Can *monkey auto update the style like Stylus (Stylish)?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can *monkey auto update the style like Stylus (Stylish)?
Tampermonkey will check for updates to scripts every x hours, but I doubt it notices immediately when new versions are pushed to the source URL. I assume Greasemonkey does the same, but I don't really use Firefox.

I suppose in fairness I should also note that Tampermonkey also collects browsing data, but it can be disabled with a single click in settings and their handling of it seems pretty professional.

Reactions: Shadowfied

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I literally just read the Stylus privacy policy, they don't collect anything... I don't know about Stylish though...

Last edited by BARNWEY,

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just pushed a tiny little update. I'm still open for suggestions / improvements / requests related to this by the way.

1.03 - July 30

- Full signatures are now shown in signature preview as well

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I know about the patreons and all but, can't you talk to costello and see if this can be added as an alternative for the official (yet,non-released) tempstyle dark v2?

I mean, you kinda did the work for them. I'm still on tempstyle darkv1 because i refuse to use the light theme. It's way too bright.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
View attachment 89805

Yet it took you less then 24 hours, ok

You do know that coming up with a new interface take a lot of time.
Especially if you're building it from scratch.

What OP did was just reskin the UI.
Something that everybody can do in little time.

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know about the patreons and all but, can't you talk to costello and see if this can be added as an alternative for the official (yet,non-released) tempstyle dark v2?

I mean, you kinda did the work for them. I'm still on tempstyle darkv1 because i refuse to use the light theme. It's way too bright.
I really can't imagine that they would ever even consider that idea at all.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know that coming up with a new interface take a lot of time.
Especially if you're building it from scratch.

What OP did was just reskin the UI.
Something that everybody can do in little time.
The new interface is there. It just needs a reskin.

I bet $10 that, when the dark theme is released, it will be just an official reskin ;) this is just greedy people being greedy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning