1. Hackers do what Naughty Dog don't? GitHub user Illusion0001 has posted blog entries that detail the process on two unofficial patches that they've released for The Last of Us Remastered. The first one involves speeding up load times for the game. They were able to implement this by taking a look at the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection and seeing that the game uses adaptive sync, in order to unlock the framerate during loading times, which in turn leads to the game loading much faster. By finding where the relevant data was, Illusion0001 was able to do the same for The Last of Us, leading to the game loading dramatically better--in some cases, in half the time--than the official release.

Their second patch fixes a known bug that involves severed heads. Normally, in all versions of the game, taking an item and throwing it at the leftover head would cause an instant crash. However, thanks to the power of hex editing, they were also able to patch the issue out. Their fix is available for both the PlayStation 3 version of the game as well as the PS4's The Last of Us Remastered, so long as it's below version 1.11. You can see a writeup and detailed explanation of their work on their official blog, as well as how to apply these patches to your own copy of the game, so long as your console is hacked.

:arrow: Source

gnmmarechal, Drogy, raxadian and 10 others like this.
  2. Discussion (12 replies)

3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Wow, I thought this 'game' was competent from technical standpoint at least. It seems weak and flawed all around.

4. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes Member of GBAtemp's shadow district

United States
  5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    This is not a game I have.

nero99 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  6. Esdeath

Esdeath GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Cool, played it only one time at release. Will definetly try it out since I aready had the urge to play Uncharted again after an Indiana Jones marathon.

7. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    The goodwill of game hackers never ceases to amaze me and baffles me how some of them aren't picked up by game companies.

Ricken likes this.
  8. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Those are some really harsh words to use in regards to one bug and slower than optimal load times. Making a game isn't easy, no games ever make it onto market without having some kind of bug in the code. Calling a game "weak and flawed all around" is ridiculous, its easy to say "well why didn't they just patch the bug" but what you dont see is that they spent months patching hundreds of bugs and you just latch onto the one they missed. I swear ever thread I see you in youre negative, you go into ever single soulslike review thread just to comment about how its "another shitty ripoff of a shitty game"

ut2k4master and LeeNose like this.
  9. plopo

plopo Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    a bug were fixed by fans over 8 years after its initial release, and the re:releases still have that... thats something!

10. TrendingNews

TrendingNews Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes its called programmers don't get paid enough to do the job and things never get finished properly.

Codemastershock and plopo like this.
  11. PZT

PZT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Console games are so goddamn stingy with their patches, if this was a Steam game it would've been hotfixed by now

12. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As a pc gamer who has had to deal with fallout new vegas and dark souls prepare to die for the last decade I can tell you thats an absolutely incorrect assumption. I love those games to death but stable is not a word id use for them.

ut2k4master likes this.
  13. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Everything with Nier Automata....

14. VootCaboot

VootCaboot Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Quite a lot of them are, actually. In particular, my mind goes to IdolNinja, who did a lot of modding and stability fixes for the awful Saints Row 2 PC port and then got picked up by Volition!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Unofficial, Remastered, patches