Homebrew Unofficial 3DS RetroArch builds

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to the newest nightly, since I hadn't updated since before the improvements over the last couple pages. I replaced the cores in the folder, installed the new RetroArch CIA over the old one, and turned it on. Didn't see any of the new settings, so I deleted the PSX core through the 3DS's Data Management tools and loaded the core through the RetroArch CIA to make it install the new version. It seemed to work, since I could now see the new settings.

Loaded up a game and realized that none of my controls are working. I've tried fiddling with the various settings, and can't figure out what's wrong. Could somebody remind me what config files to delete to make RetroArch rebuild them? I need to replace all the configs, and whatever files store the Core Override settings. (I had made some changes there back when using the older version.)

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have the yabuse emulator as a cia file I can’t get it because of the website going down

There's a Saturn emulator for 3DS? Are you sure? That seems way too good to be real.

EDIT: There is one, but I wasn't able to find the file for you. @MrHuu might be willing/able to re-upload it - although I'm not sure if that tag will trigger an alert with this being an edit.

Last edited by retrospect,

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There's a Saturn emulator for 3DS? Are you sure? That seems way too good to be real.

EDIT: There is one, but I wasn't able to find the file for you. @MrHuu might be willing/able to re-upload it - although I'm not sure if that tag will trigger an alert with this being an edit.

It works terrible, it's unplayable, but if you want to try it:

Attachments

• yabause_libretro.7z
    696.9 KB · Views: 218

havocdrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
- Audio menu:
- Audio driver: dsp_thread (needs a restart)
- Audio sync: on

retroarchCfg-dspThread.png

Is this a valid config for retroarch.cfg for `Audio driver: dsp_thread`?

justinweiss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to call attention to this announcement: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/coming-soon-retroarch-for-opendingux-release-gcw-zerorg-350etc/

Because the list of improvements at the end _also_ mostly apply to the 3DS, and make a big difference. Auto-frameskip is especially a great improvement. If you haven’t tried recent nightly builds, you should! jdgleaver did some great work.

Also, irixxxx thankfully put a lot of effort into improving and fixing the 32x functionality in picodrive! I don’t know if those are in the latest nightlies yet, but when I tried those changes I found it very playable.

Isegrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@justinweiss
Any chance you know something about the state of various mame cores for the (new) 3DS? I assume development on them is abandoned, or mame in general.

I tested all three of them with various popular and some kind of hidden gem titles. Most of the time the device crashed depending on the core. Some of them ran good or okay in the end.

Last edited by Isegrim,

justinweiss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@justinweiss
Any chance you know something about the state of various mame cores for the (new) 3DS? I assume development on them is abandoned, or mame in general.

I tested all three of them with various popular and some kind of hidden gem titles. Most of the time the device crashed depending on the core. Some of them ran good or okay in the end.

No idea, unfortunately. I never got into mame.

wanderindirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Wanted to call attention to this announcement: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/coming-soon-retroarch-for-opendingux-release-gcw-zerorg-350etc/

Because the list of improvements at the end _also_ mostly apply to the 3DS, and make a big difference. Auto-frameskip is especially a great improvement. If you haven’t tried recent nightly builds, you should! jdgleaver did some great work.

Also, irixxxx thankfully put a lot of effort into improving and fixing the 32x functionality in picodrive! I don’t know if those are in the latest nightlies yet, but when I tried those changes I found it very playable.

By "recent nightly builds" did you mean the ones from November 18th? Last time I checked the buildbot had stopped updating nightly builds on that date.

UPDATED: I must have missed something since all the nightly builds I'm currently having are from November 26th.

Last edited by wanderindirk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2