UNO deleted everything! >:(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Squee5, Oct 12, 2011.

Oct 12, 2011

UNO deleted everything! >:( by Squee5 at 9:51 AM (810 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Squee5
    OP

Newcomer Squee5 Newbie

United States
    so im on the wii homebrew browser. and at the bottom in games i see uno. oh cool uno that u can play online... WRONG!!!! as soon as it loads up... i get the exception error...so i hold the power button on the wii to turn it off. when i went back to homebrew channel its blank....all my apps gone.. just awesome....... FML

2. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    It's good to warn people about the fact this can happen.

It's easy to blame the program, but you should also ask yourself, wouldn't it be better if I had backup, just in case.
    I mean, it's not like the homebrew programs take that much place on your backup device.

I know saying this won't make me popular, but even if just one person reading this, starts thinking about it, It was worth it.

3. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Your SD card probably got corrupted. You might be able to recover the files from your PC using a file recovery program.

4. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    with you on that one. just reformat the card(since it's blank). then add your apps, as soon as you have your sd card set up the way you want it. right click on the icon. look for "copy".. then just open a new folder(make one). an "paste" you "copy" of your sd card in it. need to write it like this, cause for some reason, some people can hack the wii. but don't know how to paste/copy..lol..

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    personally I keep a backup of my sd card on my usb hdd and vice verca. Sure that means I have useless things on my usb hdd like exploits that can't be used unless copied to an sd card, but we're talking

1 person likes this.
  6. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica

7. Squee5
    OP

Newcomer Squee5 Newbie

United States
    ya ive got homebrew browser backed up ill just redownload all my stuff..

8. Toad King

Member Toad King GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When was that homebrew released? I remember an old version of libfat was randomly corrupting SD cards for me before. If you can, try recompiling it with the latest version of DevKitPPC/libogc/libfat.

9. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Sounds more like homebrew browser trashed your card rather than Uno.