Hardware Unmodded 2DS with broken LCD screen. What can be done?

prince_h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys,

I broke the LCD screen of my 2Ds.
Can i still transfer the screen of my Ds somehow to the computer/Wii u?
Is there a way to mod the console without seeing the screen?
Or should i try fixing it myself, what would you recommend?

Thanks y’all

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't fix the screen, one way to keep your data is an ntrboot cart with a custom built GodMode9 with autorun.gm9 to auto-dump the NAND and other important files, then manually transfer everything to another console. Of course you will need another working 3DS/2DS that can also be used to flash a custom ntrboot payload.

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is O2DS capable of using snickerstream? Alternatively if you want, Nintendo is charging about 80 bucks nowadays to do a full replacement. They won't support O2DS repair for long though, so if you want this then you better speak up soon.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Pin1988

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, used 2DS aren't worth much as they are pretty much all facing the same problem; System works EXCEPT something wrong with the screen.

I'd just tell Nintendo you want to replace it and ship it to them. Costs 80USD or so but you get basically a brand new one. A fully working used 2DS is about the same, so whatever.

Also you could just buy a new screen but that's like 50 bucks online (because people get working units cheap and part them out, since the screen basically pays for the whole system if you get it cheap).

Two_Fitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, used 2DS aren't worth much as they are pretty much all facing the same problem; System works EXCEPT something wrong with the screen.

I'd just tell Nintendo you want to replace it and ship it to them. Costs 80USD or so but you get basically a brand new one. A fully working used 2DS is about the same, so whatever.

Also you could just buy a new screen but that's like 50 bucks online (because people get working units cheap and part them out, since the screen basically pays for the whole system if you get it cheap).
nintendo sells refurbed consoles on their website time to time i got a nearly new O2DS for 45USD i would just buy one when it comes up and do a system transfer from settings

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo sells refurbed consoles on their website time to time i got a nearly new O2DS for 45USD i would just buy one when it comes up and do a system transfer from settings
That's true too. I just thought they ran out of 3DS family systems a year or two ago. Maybe they restock at random, like when they decide to stop supporting repairs of a console (as they did for original 3DS and original 3DS XL). I can't say, it's merely conjecture on my part.

Need a hard modded capture card
Moreover, I've worked on 2DS a bit before. They have weird behavior problems if the screens aren't working. As such, this hard mod would have to work also to trick the system into thinking that the screens were still there and 100% "normal" function. It's an intriguing idea though; You probably could consolize a lot of 2DS systems that otherwise would be useless, and the 2DS systems themselves would be pretty cheap and easy to come by. I dunno how you'd do it though; I'm far from any kind of hardware engineering wizard.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moreover, I've worked on 2DS a bit before. They have weird behavior problems if the screens aren't working. As such, this hard mod would have to work also to trick the system into thinking that the screens were still there and 100% "normal" function. It's an intriguing idea though; You probably could consolize a lot of 2DS systems that otherwise would be useless, and the 2DS systems themselves would be pretty cheap and easy to come by. I dunno how you'd do it though; I'm far from any kind of hardware engineering wizard.

Soldering a capture card ain't easy, since you have a broken screen you may as well either fix the screen or get a replacement unit. Capture card unit cost too much money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn