Hacking Unmoddable LU70 spotted

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I installed everything that should be installed on a LU64+ Wii, that is TBR, a recent version of the HBC(strangely the newest installer does not give the Press A to continue sign), Preloader after TBR, then Cios36rev13b and then many emulators and backupluoader channels(including NeoGamma) as well as USBloaderGX.
The problem is that the console does not want to run any channel, i load any emulator and as soon as you click start it goes to a black screen and gets my remote disconnected from the console.
That problem happens with every Backuploader i use as well as emulators, only HBC gives me no problems.
I also tried to install Cios38rev14, but it leaves me with a wait a little onger screen...and does not advance from there.
What else did I do?:
-New LU70 wii
-HBC Install through Bannerbomb failed(does not advance from the hackmiiwarning, gets stuck in it)
-TBR to restore trucha bug on IOS15 and IOS36
-Preloader
-Cios38rev13b
-Wadmanager to install newer HBC as well as emulators and USBLoader(using IOS249 of course)
-Problems with everything
I also would like to note that the only emulator/backuploader/usbloader that loads properly through the HBC is USBloader 1.1, and it also gives me the no USB Device detected error while other(LU64) wii detects my USBDrive correctly and even plays games from it.
What is it with this new Wii?, is it one of those new unmoddable wiis with new drives?
Or am I making something wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me that you did everything right (well, cIOS rev14 is more recommended
tongue.gif
), and you probably have the D3-2 drive.

The only (reliable) way to find out if it has the new D3-2 drive is to tear it open. If the DVD drive's serial number starts with "F", apparently it's a D3-2 drive. If it is a D3-2 drive, your best bet would have to be a compatible modchip (Sunkey, Sundisk... can't list any others).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe i'm arrogant, but i think i only have to ask one question:
Did you downgrade IOS35 before you used TBR?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude if the CIOS installer for rev 13b worked just fine then this wii is far from unmoddable. For that matter if you were using the old HBC installer and not the hackmii installer of course it froze from bannerbomb. thats a problem that can't be solved without restoring the trucha bug to at least one IOS in the wii. You can't downgrade on an LU64+ so I ask tell us exactly what you did and in what order. Also if you get a black screen from a channel that you install it may not be compatable with the wii's egion. Regardless We can't really tell you how to completely fix the system if we don't know what all you have or haven't done and what did or didn't work.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
Dude if the CIOS installer for rev 13b worked just fine then this wii is far from unmoddable. For that matter if you were using the old HBC installer and not the hackmii installer of course it froze from bannerbomb. thats a problem that can't be solved without restoring the trucha bug to at least one IOS in the wii. You can't downgrade on an LU64+ so I ask tell us exactly what you did and in what order. Also if you get a black screen from a channel that you install it may not be compatable with the wii's egion. Regardless We can't really tell you how to completely fix the system if we don't know what all you have or haven't done and what did or didn't work.
yea i agree, i recommend you use dop-ios to restore your IOS's, then use waninkoko's updater then try installing the cios rev 14.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. Now everyone that screws up hacking their new Wii is going to shout "unmodifiable!"

Like has previously been stated, if you got cios r13 installed fine, then your Wii can be modded and you just messed something up along the way.

Loads of people have the same problem as you on Wiis that are old as dirt.

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now that you mention it, I did Downgrade the IOS35, could that be the problem?, how do I fix it?
Is using DOP IOS any useful?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes DOP-IOS is very useful for UPGRADING IOS files and adding the trucha bug in them.

You used to have to downgrade to a vulnerable IOS since a lot still relies on the trucha bug, now you can use DOP-IOS to UPGRADE and patch trucha bug into the UPGRADED IOS.

This is a great app because newer wiis have problems running DOWNGRADED IOS files due to a newer boot2 file from the factory. Which in this case kinda could mean you.

UPGRADE IOS35 and enable the trucha bug in it and let us know if you still have a problem.

EDIT: just to be sure, make sure you NEVER delete an IOS, always upgrade.

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi.
I successfully used DOP IOS and updated IOS35 and now all channels work.
However USBloaderGX does not work yet and still gives me a black screen.
And strangely Cios38rev14Installer still doesn't work although Cios38rev13b works well, all USBLoaders give me a black screen.
And Backuplaunchers do not work either.
Any ideas?

ragde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so lets get it straight
Step by step how should this be
1 install such
2 install this next
3 now install this.

I really need this steps because I'm about to mod a LU70

Why I'm I saying this. Well because, throughout the whole GBATemp I can really see a real way to do it. Now we should get together and start putting all this together so that we can have turials for everything. Like: to downgrade from such version, to up grade from such version, if you have certain LUXXXXXX version you do it like this.

Well hope we get it together.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ragde said:
OK so lets get it straight
Step by step how should this be
1 install such
2 install this next
3 now install this.

I really need this steps because I'm about to mod a LU70

Why I'm I saying this. Well because, throughout the whole GBATemp I can really see a real way to do it. Now we should get together and start putting all this together so that we can have turials for everything. Like: to downgrade from such version, to up grade from such version, if you have certain LUXXXXXX version you do it like this.

Well hope we get it together.

You can read can't you ?? Look at the stickies and follow the Simplistic Mod.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugghh, since you didn't post your specs i can't be 100 percent sure, but I think you are on system menu 4.2...if so that is the problem! the menu is deleting ios 222, 223, 249 and 250 everytime it restarts, you need preloader to enable the hack to stop the deletion, hbc stays because latest installer goes in as title id JODI rather than HAXX which is deleted. if you are on 4.2 then install priiloader.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You did remember to delete the stubs before installing the cIOS, right?

The menu does not delete IOS222,223,249,259 on reboot. It only deletes Twilight Hack, DVDX v1, and the old HAXX HBCs.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i smell a big fat brick coming. this cat hasnt done anything right yet. you might as well take the well just throw your wii away now and save yourself and everybody the trouble of trying to tell you to follow the same guides that work on every wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.