noX1609

B9S freak ;)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

i want to use my Gateway Card beside my SysNAND 11.6 with Luma3DS and B9S.

Only thing missing for that is a 11.2 EmuNAND.

When i create one it is linked to the Sysnand at the beginning what is not recommended so i want to unlink them.
Al Tutorials i found sais format the SysNAND and they are unlinked.
But that‘s not what i want to do because after that all my Games would be only avaliable in the EmuNAND but i need them in the SysNAND.

Only thing that could work is:
1. Format SYSNAND
2. Make a Backup of the EMUNAND
3. Make Backup of SYSNAND
4. Restore SYSNAND with Backup from EMUNAND
5. Restore EMUNAND with the Backup of the SYSNAND

After that the two NAND‘s should be unlinked or do i have a mistake in this thinking?
But is there a easier Method avaliable so i can only format the EMUNAND directly, so the SysNAND is not affected?
That would be really nice :)

EDIT: Can a Mod please correct the title? It should be Unlink not unlknk ;)

Last edited by noX1609,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting EmuNand using TinyFormat worked for me. Make sure to make a NAND backup first and to back up your titles and save games (use JKSM or Checkpoint) and backup your titles with GM9. DO NOT DO A REGILAR FORMAT!!!!

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok thanks for your answer :)

To format the Emunand via Tinyformat i need to have bootet from the emunand right?

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes. Boot it from EmuNand. Make sure to back everything up!
Ok thanks, will do a complete Sysnand and SD Card backup.
This i need if something goes wrong and i have to restore my SYSNAND right?

Else need the backups because i have to format the SD Card for creating an Emunand because doesn‘t work without formattkng the sd. Or is that possible today?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, will do a complete Sysnand and SD Card backup.
This i need if something goes wrong and i have to restore my SYSNAND right?

Else need the backups because i have to format the SD Card for creating an Emunand because doesn‘t work without formattkng the sd. Or is that possible today?
No need to back up SysNand if you are formatting EmuNand.
SD card backup is not required–unlike the standard format, TinyFormat does not format the SD.
However, an EmuNand backup is recommended.

Reactions: noX1609

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No need to back up SysNand if you are formatting EmuNand.
SD card backup is not required–unlike the standard format, TinyFormat does not format the SD.
However, an EmuNand backup is recommended.
But i don‘t have a Emunand (the partition) and thought to create one i have to format the Card to create the Partition of Emunand.
Or does this have been changed how to create an Emunand and it‘s possible to create the secound partition?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your thread is about unlinking an EmuNAND, which implies you had one to start with. You can't unlink something that doesn't exist.

Reactions: Quantumcat

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your thread is about unlinking an EmuNAND, which implies you had one to start with. You can't unlink something that doesn't exist.
I just wanted to get the information befor creating the Emunand so i know what’s to do and don‘t ave to pause the work for extra questions :)

I saw a few minutes ago that i can create multiple EmuNands in godmode 9 but i think th e right option is the one where it get’s the same size as the Sysnand.

Sorry i see my title is a bit confusing bit can‘t chang it.

Last edited by noX1609,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to get the information befor creating the Emunand so i know what’s to do and don‘t ave to pause the work for extra questions :)

I saw a few minutes ago that i can create multiple EmuNands in godmode 9 but i think th e right option is the one where it get’s the same size as the Sysnand.

Sorry i see my title is a bit confusing bit can‘t chang it.
Okay. You can create an EmuNand in GM9. To do so, press the Home button in GM9. Go to More...SD format menu. Select EmuNand size (max) for it to be the same size as SysNand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game