Unlinking Nintendo Account from a Banned Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by PRAGMA, Aug 25, 2018.

1. PRAGMA
    OP

PRAGMA GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    So, the following requires me to connect online:
    - User Settings -> Unlink Nintendo Account
    - User Settings -> Delete User (Which just first does unlinking then deletion)
    - System -> Formatting Options -> Restore Factory Settings
    (While the Nintendo Recovery Mode -> Restore Factory Settings Without Deleting Save Data option does not require me to connect to internet, it doesn't unlink or delete data to do with user)

Whenever I try to do any kind of unlink action, the ban denied message appears, so I cant even unlink now...

huma_dawii likes this.
  2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Thanks a lot (for creating the thread) I needed to know how to do this, btw what about deactivating the console from eShop? I understand that is a step.

Hopefully someone will show us the way to do this :)

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yeah, the only way to unlink the Nintendo Account after being banned is by calling Nintendo. We have already exhausted all other options and because the Nintendo Account is also linked server side, you cannot just link it offline.

4. PRAGMA
    OP

PRAGMA GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    Thats what unlinking is

5. Jhyrachy

Jhyrachy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2011
    Italy
    I'm thinking of calling nintendo to unlink my switch even if it's not banned, because I use it only offline

PRAGMA likes this.
  6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Its quite easy in fact. Just tell Nintendo you sold/lost the console and they will unlink the Account for you since they assume you no longer have access to the Switch. I would also recommend linking a fake account to the console so you can enjoy eShop and online play until the console is banned.

7. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Just hung up with Nintendo, hell they have a WHOLE LIST of things that went wrong with your system... and the games you've played on, the day you linked your account... the ban is permanent and there is NO WAY to lift it they said... they're banning the consoles by serial and cert.

The lady was very nice about it but she said there is no way they will unban a console.

They however unlinked my account they said my account was ok and I can use it on a new system.

Don't know how unban works on 3DS but WE NEED someone to start working on that as soon as possible.

licerice, achandab and Stone-D like this.
  8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Nintendo didn't ban 3DS using the certificate system like on the Switch but rather a seed in the 3DS that we could alter. Its a lot harder to forge a certificate than a seed hence why getting unbanned is virtually impossible on the Switch.

9. LihKen

LihKen Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2018
    Poland
    login in website and discram account. will logout

10. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Yeah, this whole thing can be done from the website... Dunno WTF you guys are going on about.

nachuz likes this.
  11. LihKen

LihKen Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2018
    Poland
    but now how we can play on banned switch without Nintendo account?

12. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    not really, just unlinking from eshop and you have to be careful because you can only unlink one time on a year

13. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    But if you unlink the account from your banned switch from the web, can you really link it to another and mantain every game you bought?

14. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    instead of starting new thread I'mma just ask in here, is there 7 day delay on acount transfer as on the 3ds?

15. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    No :)

GizmoTheGreen likes this.