Hacking Question Unlinking nands

AliceOnDrugs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello guys, yesterday I made my emunand with sx 2.1 and everything went fine, but I don't understand what unlinking nands is and if it's necessary. Only got one sd card and I'm pretty confused right now about this.

Can someone explain me what the band unlinking means and whether or not it's necessary?

Thanks in advance

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least in the 3ds days, linked nands shared saves, installed games, and such. If you format one, both get formatted. If you unlink them, both get their own directories respectively. Allowing for a cleaner emunand experience.

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Highly recommend NOT using SX OS "emunand".
Since there are about 20 threads about this topic i wont go into further detail.

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this is the ONLY thread you need to read

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-does-sx-os-emunand-work.518936/

This is the only one with really answers and not just expecullations

Hello guys, yesterday I made my emunand with sx 2.1 and everything went fine, but I don't understand what unlinking nands is and if it's necessary. Only got one sd card and I'm pretty confused right now about this.

Can someone explain me what the band unlinking means and whether or not it's necessary?

Thanks in advance

Is always better to unlink your Nands. Use your emuNand to all your homebrew stuffs (XCI, NSP, etc) and your sysNand to all your legit stuffs. It actaully works like the 3DS, but you'll need two separates SD cards. One for your sysNand and the otherone for your emuNand (Not totally sure if you actually can use one SD for boths Nands)

In order to unlink Nands just restore to a factory reset your sysNand. It keep all your files to your emuNand

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You have to unlink them. The reason is when linking Sysnand and Emunand will share the same Nintendo folder on your SD while having different ticketblobs. When Emunand installed more games than Sysnand, all of them on Emunand will be archived completely when trying to access Sysnand after a deep reboot, access Data Management or download game on eShop. Because Sysnand's ticketblob doesn't recognize the installed data.

Thus, we need to unlink them. When booting to a wrong nand with wrong Nintendo folder, the system will ask you to DELETE rather than DELETE without asking when linking nands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1