Homebrew Unlinking nands

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just use TinyFormat to initialize your SysNAND without formatting your flashcard. Your old game folder should belong to EmuNAND after that, and games won't be erased from EmuNAND
ok but if he does not have hax set up etc, it will be far more easier and faster going to system settings and formatting, without the sd card in the console :)
if he has nnid set up in sysnand and wants to use it with emunand, yes tinyformat is a better choice

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but if he does not have hax set up etc, it will be far more easier and faster going to system settings and formatting, without the sd card in the console :)
if he has nnid set up in sysnand and wants to use it with emunand, yes tinyformat is a better choice
I usually suggest it in any case because it removes all risk of things on the SD card being accidentally deleted. I include it when I'm helping someone else with downgrading/cfw. that's just me of course.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
He has emuNAND, and there's no real reason to stay on 4.x-8.x now. Most of guides include setting up menuhax so there's a big chance he is on 9.2 with menuhax set up
And IMO, booting console, getting to Homebrew Menu, booting TinyFormat and pressing Y is way faster than booting system settings etc.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
He has emuNAND, and there's no real reason to stay on 4.x-8.x now. Most of guides include setting up menuhax so there's a big chance he is on 9.2 with menuhax set up
And IMO, booting console, getting to Homebrew Menu, booting TinyFormat and pressing Y is way faster than booting system settings etc.
yes i understand, but maybe he does not :) it is good to be informed of the choices

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)