Gaming unlink NNID from 3ds.... Please read, theres more to it.

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, So I have 2 3DS with the same NNID. One is Modded with ReiNand, the other is my Legit 3DS. Both have the same NNID tied to them and I want to remove the one from my Modded 3DS since it no longer lets me access it to update my CIA games (I know I can download update CIAs but that is a pain since I have a 10GB download limit on my internet}

I'm not a super N00B, Ive tried it through settings but it says I can't use the NNID on that 3DS anymore, and I know a Format could fix it but I'd prefer not to since I have my entire game library backed up and don't want to reinstall them all. Just wondering if there is a way to do it.

Any one know of a way or any ideas? Thanks.

Solution
I unlinked my NNID without losing data. I did this using decrypt9.

Decrypt9 has feature called inject nnidsav.bin. U can inject and overwrite nnidsav.bin with a empty one.
There is a youtube tutorial for this, I can't find it :( The uploader of video has also included the needed nnidsav.bin file.

I hope this helps.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I unlinked my NNID without losing data. I did this using decrypt9.

Decrypt9 has feature called inject nnidsav.bin. U can inject and overwrite nnidsav.bin with a empty one.
There is a youtube tutorial for this, I can't find it :( The uploader of video has also included the needed nnidsav.bin file.

I hope this helps.

Solution

eskinner3742

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much. Will give this a shot when I get off work. I just want to be able to update my games without having to install a ton of CIAs, you know? I originally did it this way to keep my purchased eshop titles on both 3DS's for my friends/sister to use for multiplayer. I doesn't matter now since I can just install them as a CIA. I'll look for a blank nnidsav.bin if I can't find one is there any way I can extract one from an unlinked 3DS?

eskinner3742

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked. I found the youtube video and downloaded the blank nnidsave.bin I had to rename it nnidsave_emu.bin for Decrypt9WIP to install it to emuNAND but it definitely worked and I'm able to update my games. Thanks a bunch. Now I'm curious as to if I create an emuNand of the 3ds that has the NNID working on it will I be able to use it on multiple emuNANDs? or is the NNID check looking at something on the system, not the NAND? Maybe I'll try it by installing an emunand partition on another SD card, making a dummy NNID the using that SD on another 3DS... It's definitely interesting if you ask me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @K3Nv2 https://youtu.be/_b_WmfLhnMM?si=1GZF2ULEvDAH418O +1